hi

im following the guide (sortof) and ive got a few possible problems, i think anyway.

first of all i burned the iso successfully, unplugged my hdd and stuck in the one i bought for the tivo (which hasnt arrived yet, but im an eager beaver.. anyway, i cant test it, hence my concern ive screwed something up). i probably should have asked this before trying, but... i didnt want to mess with the jumper settings on my cdrom, or rather unscrew it because it was being a pita and the screws were way too tight. i just changed the boot order to boot from cdrom. i do however have the single western digital 200gb drive set as single or master on the jumper settings. anyway.

when it comes to install time (got the cd to boot fine) the instructions on the cd say 'replace /dev/hdd with one of the following three words. and it lits hdb, hdc, hdd..' and it says i cant use hda. i used the mfsrestore command trying hdc, and i got the message "/dev/hdc: Read-only file system
Restore failed: unable to open destination device for writing.

so i figured hell, ill try hdb, as it says sometimes c doesnt work in the guide. for b i got the message /dev/hdb: no such device or address.

figured id try A, and it appeared to work, but i did not notice the instructions on the CD that say you can not use hda. i didnt notice them till after id done it that is.

sooo.. how badly have i ****ed up? it seemed to work at least.

'Starting restore
Uncompressed backup size: 694 megabytes
Restoring 694 of 694 megabytes (100.00%) (89.96% compression)
Cleaning up restore. Please wait a moment.
Restore done!
Adding pair /dev/hda12-/dev/hda13
New estimated standalne size: 222 hours (221 more)'

that makes me think i possibly did it right. but, on the offchance ive screwed it up totally.. how do i fix it? :P god, im happy i did this on a spare PC!