hi i havent bought a tivo yet, im still researching and trying to figure out if itll actually work for me without a huge ginormous effort. i can sorta make things work, i build my pcs from parts etc but im the kinda person who plugs stuff in where it fits and hopes it works. anyway....

my main concern for the moment is the plain text authentication thing. ive been chatting to some friends on IRC and they say that most ISP's dont support it, and they heavily doubt iinet will. but then they went on to explain that there is no need to use ppp as i have dsl and am on the net 24/7.

for what its worth my network is totally wired and made of 3 pcs (all xp), 1 notebook, 1 xbox. i have 2 nics in my internet connecty XP machine, 1 nic is for the DSL on a d-link dsl300 ethernet modem which automagically takes 192.168.0.1 on my network. the other nic is for the network, which is connected to a netgear fs108 switch. the network exists on the ip range of 192.168.1.x... somehow i got windows xp internet connection sharing to work somewhat happily, even though it complained about wanting to use 192.168.0.1. i dont have a firewall, either physical or softwareical.

does my isp (iinet!) still need to support plain text login?

ok next question. as i have not yet purchased a tivo (will probably get it from eksys in USA!) im wondering what um, other parts i should get with it apart from a turbonet card. i hate buying things and then realising later i should have paid that extra 20$ and got something else with it. i guess i should get the 2nd audio input. i dont have paytv atm but its always a posibility in the future. there anything else that should make it onto the "so cool! must have!" list?

ive been reading the how-to's quite extensively and i cant wait to get my own tivo, assuming itll actually work for me that is and im quite annoyed because i know i had more questions than this, but ive forgotten them all!

christina