Quote Originally Posted by piersoar View Post
Hi Matt and everyone. Thanks so much for all your work in keeping oztivos running for us.

Am wondering if anyone else is seeing a couple of problems possibly related to the audiofix patch?

1) Am seeing a couple of times a week programs recorded with no sound at all.
Tonight it was the second half of Michael Palin in North Korea on SBS HD. Mainly watch SBS and ABC HD primary channels here, and am suspecting something to do with subsequent programs on the same channel not triggering the audio channel selection - perhaps? Details of this instance now attached.
20:30 = 0930GMT - began recording Palin Part 2 on Tuner 0 whilst continuing 5-min end-padding of Palin Part 1 Tuner 1 (both have sound)
20:35 = 0935GMT - stopped recording Palin Part 1 on Tuner 1 (sound ceased on Tuner 0 for rest of recording)
oztivo logs - no sound problem.zip
This could be something to do with the way audiofix detects a channel change. Probably not easy to fix

2) The TiVo seems to be silently resetting/rebooting a couple of times a week now - evidenced by loss of the clock display we manually activate.
Strangely the logs show this often (but not always) happens at about the same time - within a few seconds anyway. Don't recall having to reactivate the clock ever (except for power failure) before the audiofix - so seem related but not necessary causal!
logs back to May-2020 show no fatal errors until 16-FEB-21. audiofix applied 15-FEB-21. Seems to have rebooted 17 times since then.
oztivo logs - rebooting.zip

Both problems are easily lived with, but with a stock setup (thanks Darren King) I'd guess others might be experiencing similar, but so far don't see it reported. Very happy to do more research - anything to help.

Thanks again, Andrew
I have 3 Tivos running the patch at home. I've stared to monitor uptime on them. Currently:
Tivo 1: 3 weeks uptime
Tivo 2: averages 2-3 days uptime
Tivo3: averages 1-4 days uptime

I don't have any data from before the fix, so can't really draw any conclusions from this.

Matt