Thread: 2450 TV Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The postcode that you put into guided set up is irrelevant to the guide info that your TiVo sees, for everyone in Australia with series 3 TiVo. (That postcode is relevant for time zone and daylight saving switches but not much else.)

You should be able to tell whether you are seeing Sydney Seven guide info or Coffs Harbour Prime7 guide info by looking at what your tivo guide says is on at 6pm Monday - either Seven News or Prime7 News.

OzTiVo series 3 database knows about the Coffs Harbour area and has guide data for Prime7, Eleven and One there.
    In Melbourne area (where I am), my TiVo has guide data for what it calls One (channel 1) which has a 10 Boss logo and guide info for 10 Boss. Similarly my TiVo has what it calls ELEVEN (channel 11) with guide info for 10 Peach and which shows a 10 Peach logo when you tune to the channel. Before October 31, my tivo had One (channel 1) and ELEVEN (channel 11), the same as now. So for me channels 1 and 11 are called by the old names, but the right guide data comes up. I would expect it to be similar around the Coffs Harbour area (assuming that Win Boss and Win Peach are broadcast on the same channel numbers as One and Eleven were previously).

As a TiVo user, the issues for me are: the channels still have the old names and old logos, and there is now a channel 12 called 10 Boss on my tivo, but it has no logo displayed by TiVo's Info button and no guide data at all for that channel. (I don't particularly care about that as a TiVo user, because channel 12 has the same content as channel 1, so I can just ignore channel 12.)

As a TiVo admin, I think I have a general idea of where things would need to be changed on the oztivo S3 server to change the channel name & logo, but there is part of that I don't understand well enough and my attempts to do things like adding guide data for the Your Money channel in Melbourne have been unsuccessful so far (the guide data is being populated on the server, but it is not getting to TiVos).

I should have a go at changing One to Boss and Eleven to Peach on the server, perhaps a channel rename will be easier than adding a new channel.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    The postcode that you put into guided set up is irrelevant to the guide info that your TiVo sees, for everyone in Australia with series 3 TiVo. (That postcode is relevant for time zone and daylight saving switches but not much else.)

You should be able to tell whether you are seeing Sydney Seven guide info or Coffs Harbour Prime7 guide info by looking at what your tivo guide says is on at 6pm Monday - either Seven News or Prime7 News.

OzTiVo series 3 database knows about the Coffs Harbour area and has guide data for Prime7, Eleven and One there.
    In Melbourne area (where I am), my TiVo has guide data for what it calls One (channel 1) which has a 10 Boss logo and guide info for 10 Boss. Similarly my TiVo has what it calls ELEVEN (channel 11) with guide info for 10 Peach and which shows a 10 Peach logo when you tune to the channel. Before October 31, my tivo had One (channel 1) and ELEVEN (channel 11), the same as now. So for me channels 1 and 11 are called by the old names, but the right guide data comes up. I would expect it to be similar around the Coffs Harbour area (assuming that Win Boss and Win Peach are broadcast on the same channel numbers as One and Eleven were previously).

As a TiVo user, the issues for me are: the channels still have the old names and old logos, and there is now a channel 12 called 10 Boss on my tivo, but it has no logo displayed by TiVo's Info button and no guide data at all for that channel. (I don't particularly care about that as a TiVo user, because channel 12 has the same content as channel 1, so I can just ignore channel 12.)

As a TiVo admin, I think I have a general idea of where things would need to be changed on the oztivo S3 server to change the channel name & logo, but there is part of that I don't understand well enough and my attempts to do things like adding guide data for the Your Money channel in Melbourne have been unsuccessful so far (the guide data is being populated on the server, but it is not getting to TiVos).

I should have a go at changing One to Boss and Eleven to Peach on the server, perhaps a channel rename will be easier than adding a new channel.
    Thanks for this info.