Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Foxtel/Austar channels

Ok, I'm just trying to figure out which headend you are subscribed to with the optus/foxtel mix.

Could you please go to the My Slices page and let me know the name of the latest slice you have received.

1) have you only tried adding channels via TWP or have you tried the regular way using the menu on the TiVo itself?

I would like to leave this on the forum for others to use or comment on.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I ran the guided setup and it kind of failed to do anything. Now I can't watch anything other than what is already recorded.

When I ran Guided Setup it asks for the 3 thumbs and enter, informs me about it taking about 35 minutes and then dumped me to the home screen. I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen. Reboots (warm or cold) do nothing.

Now Live TV is just black and the TV Guide is empty (though stuff comes up on TiVoWeb channel listing). There is a persistent white line at the top of the screen. In anything in the Settings and Messages menu there is the progress bar.

I suspect something is completely broken on my TiVo box because a couple other settings options also dump me back to the home screen (like the Phone call option). Is there a way to run the guided setup from the command line or TiVoWeb?

On the bright side SciFi and Ovation have swapped to their correct channel numbers.

I managed to get Guided Setup to start correctly from TiVo Web (NTSC PAL option). Things seem to work now except the IR control, but that's a problem for another thread.

Edit: It's working now. The time is about 5 hours slow but so is the TV guide. I'll reboot it after it finishes organising the guide data, that should fix it.
    Last edited by quantumphaze; 21-11-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Austar Digital Channel 179

Hi

The new channel lineup for Austar Digital is working fine on my Tivo - big thanks to Peter and the others for all the tireless work they do.

Just one thing, the Austar channel lineup seems to have missed channel 179 SBSTWO-NSW
    http://www.austar.com.au/channels/ch...?channel_id=99

Peter, is it possible to have it added to the QLD Austar lineup? (I've checked and it looks like the other states Austar lineups are also missing their equivalent SBSTWO)
    http://www.oztivo.net/oztivofiles/he...gital_Sat.lnup

I get the slice file QL14016

thanks for all the help!
    Jon

I'll look into it.

Austar seems to share the Foxtel digital lineup.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphaze View Post
    When I ran Guided Setup it asks for the 3 thumbs and enter, informs me about it taking about 35 minutes and then dumped me to the home screen. I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen.
    That is normal as you found out in your subsequent post. Just for reference of anyone else reading the procedure is covered here: http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...edoGuidedSetup

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphaze View Post
    The time is about 5 hours slow but so is the TV guide. I'll reboot it after it finishes organising the guide data, that should fix it.
    It will.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Looks like the Foxtel lineup is missing 179 SBS-TWO also.

Quote Originally Posted by ominous2003 View Post
    Looks like the Foxtel lineup is missing 179 SBS-TWO also.
    Yes, like I said Austar Digital seems to be using the Foxtel Digital Lineup.

It will be added to both.

Peter.

Just trying to work out what timezone SBSTWO is shown in for different states.

Can anyone people with Foxtel or Austar let me know if channel 179 is showing the same program as SBSTWO is showing FTA, or even just what was showing at a given time.

Please include your state, if you are using Austar or Foxtel, and if on cable or satellite.

Thanks,

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Just trying to work out what timezone SBSTWO is shown in for different states.

Can anyone people with Foxtel or Austar let me know if channel 179 is showing the same program as SBSTWO is showing FTA, or even just what was showing at a given time.

Please include your state, if you are using Austar or Foxtel, and if on cable or satellite.

Thanks,

Peter.
    I'm in QLD with Austar Satellite. SBSTWO (ch 179) on Austar is on NSW time (daylight savings - same as Austar SBS ch 104) - one hour in front of QLD FTA SBS TWO.

We get our own timeshift SBS channels

cheers
    Jon