Quote Originally Posted by T1voZA
It's my understanding that the bufferhack module can be distributed, so long as it's not part of a paid for solution.
The fact that it is not included in Hackman due to "some licensing and copyrighting issues" scared me off a little, and I've even contributed to the hack under my DD id (john1980).

Quote Originally Posted by T1voZA
I was under the impression that hackman was now included with the official distribution of TivoWebPlus (since 1.2.1)?
Correct, but I ended up removing it because of the warnings and compatibility issues with various custom TiVo setups just made it look like a support nightmare (not everyone who is going to want to load TWP will have an rc.sysinit.author file with full directory paths). It's also a very, very large module... which could cause issues with available memory, etc, so in my opinion should only be loaded if absolutely necessary. I also have very little knowledge or experience with this particular module.

I wanted to create a no-fuss, stable bundle, suitable for the majority of users out there. I am also willing to fix any issue found within the bundle so did want to limit the modules to those that were seen as essential.