Thread: Problems with connecting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    When you installed the card, did you remove the centre pin on the front foot, or at least trim it. If the pin is there it can cause issues with the card not fitting properly.
    I didn't, but I am not sure what pin you mean. Do you mean the twist ties or something else? Is there somewhere I can see a picture of what you mean?

Did you leave the ipaddress on boot message enabled ? can you remember before you re-imaged if the information given matched what you had set.
    Yes. And when I attempted to get communications it came back with the IP setup that I had configured. With the last re-imaging I haven't got that message as I didn't get that far, but I did check out the IP setup by linking the HD on my PC and checking it with the OzTivo Knoppix disk image utilitiy.
    At this point I think it would be best to buy/build a serial cable, so that we can at least access you box via telnet and find out what is going on. This way we should be able to confirm software or turbonet fault.
    I will get one on Monday if I can. I will purchase one as I wouldn't want to create another point of weakness through me building one and screwing it up.
    EDIT: I will see if I can order one from Darren King ~ some delay compared to getting from a store (assuming I can find one) but then I know I will have something that works and a little longer lead.

Swapping the cat5 cable also wouldn't hurt, even though you have a link light
    I also have swapped the Cat5 cable during this testing.
    The only thing I would like to resolve is the pin thing before I get the cable.

thanks for answering my questions
    Last edited by JustinD; 02-04-2006 at 07:30 AM.
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###