Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    chances are that you still won't be allowed in with a UK ISP, because of concerns with service theft in places where service is available.

You should really use your local SA ISP.

Peter.
    Ugh. If worst comes to worst I will i guess. Do they at least reply to say your application is rejected?

No, no reply and your request is just ignored along with the hundreds of others who try to sneak in.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Bah! Stards!
    I've reregistered with my work email addie which IS in south africa... *holds thumbs*
    Meanwhile, I've found a nice XML version of our programme guide... our satellite provider doesn't like giving out the info... *mumble*
    Just need the emulator now!!

How much work is involved in setting up an emulator (ballpark?) I'm still totally in the dark on that side.

Thanks again

Steven

ps, if I don't have any luck, what are the chances of adding another region to the OzTivo emulator with the south african channels/info on it? *pushes luck*

Bah! Stards!
    Not really, we would like TiVo to stay in business so the user community remains strong and people still focus on improvements and upgrades.

How much work is involved in setting up an emulator (ballpark?) I'm still totally in the dark on that side.
    Getting the basics up and running isn't too bad, and it's reasonably documented. I haven't played with that area for a long time, you might want to pop over to the NZ area of forums, they also run their own emulator which was setup much more recently.

ps, if I don't have any luck, what are the chances of adding another region to the OzTivo emulator with the south african channels/info on it? *pushes luck*
    You shouldn't have a problem once you are verified, each Canadian runs their own emulator.

We would not be able to help you in the near future, as we are doing a major change in the way our guide data is formed and slices will now be built 7 times a week instead twice a week. I think the next month or so will be spent plugging holes and refining the process to keep several hundred TiVo's happy.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Not really, we would like TiVo to stay in business so the user community remains strong and people still focus on improvements and upgrades.
    Don't get me wrong! I fully understand the need not to tread on tivo inc's toes! They've given us a wonderful device here, and I was extremely happy with the service I paid for in UK. Was just muttering about the "ignore with no recourse to explain self" thing

Glad it's simple and well documented... *waits in anticipation*

Thanks once again for all the tips!

S