Quote Originally Posted by Woodg View Post
Hi David,

I originally posted this in the Guide Data thread but see it is being discussed here (Thanks Tigm for pointing me here).

Hope this information helps you.

Here in regional NSW (and maybe other areas) Network Nine and Network 10 have swapped their affiliate regional stations. Ten shows were on the regional WIN Network on channels 5* and Nine shows were on the regional Southern Cross network on the 8* channels. They have (as of July 1) swapped. (This takes them back to how they were 5 years ago before Nine got greedy and dropped WIN as an affiliate.)

As per wintv.com.au, for Network Nine shows:

Channel 9 (standard definition) on channel 8
9HD (high definition) on channel 80
9Gem on channel 81
9Go! on channel 82
Sky News on WIN will continue on channel 83 until 9Life commences on that channel on August 1. TVSN on channel 84 and GOLD on channel 85 continue without change.

And for Network 10:

Channel 10 (standard definition) on channel 5
10HD (high definition) on channel 50
10Peach on channel 52
10Bold on channel 53
10Shake on channel 54 (although this is a totally new channel for regional areas)

What can we do to get the guide updated/corrected?

Glenn
In other regions, for example Cairns and Hobart people are reporting these channel swaps:
9 <-> 10
9Gem <-> 10 Bold (ONE)
9Go <-> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)

and I have updated the way guide data flows for those particular regions to swap guide data for those channels.

I believe this means that in those regions your TiVo will have the wrong channel name and logo, but the guide data will match what is broadcast.
I expect this also means that season passes on those channels will need to be re-created after the swap of guide data is visible on your TiVo (because from the TiVo's point of view the series is being broadcast on a different channel). At least that is better than having the season pass record the wrong channel (which I assume is what happens before I do a swap of guide data).

Anyway, the key thing I need to know is what TV region are you in and are you happy for me to do the channel swaps I mentioned above?
TV regions in NSW are:
Albury/Wodonga
Broken Hill
Central Coast
Coffs Harbour
Griffith
Lismore
Newcastle
Orange/Dubbo
South Coast
Sydney
Tamworth