Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreambox IR codes

Hi Skolink,

Did you ever get a set of codes that worked well with the dreambox ? I tried to create a slice with your listed frequency, but had no luck also.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Dreambox code capture

No I haven't tried again, it's still on the to-do list. My previous work now has a proper digital capture scope, so I might see if that could be used somehow, I'm not sure how I would convert the captured digital data to a TiVo format though.
    Also I intend to try again with the TiVo, but with everything including the compact fluorescent lights turned off.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I've uploaded my working dreambox IR tcl file.

http://www.oztivo.net/tivo-bin/irdat...rowse&id=30137

The other IR tcl's for dreambox didn't work real well. Digits 2,4,9 didn't work.

It was clear from the capture that these codes followed a loose pattern. I manually edited them and with a bit of trial and error, got them working ok.

Hope this helps.

BTW dreambox is a great setup !!

I have rolled a new slice today, so it has been included for Australian users.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Actually just looking at the codes it looks like each is repeated (ie it send the same code twice for each key). It probably doesn't matter as it will be too close together to send double digits, but you may want to test removing them.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thumbs up

Thanks Stapla, those codes work better than the set originally included in the OzTiVo image. I discovered I had to move the IR transmitter a bit further away for them to work, as other people had suggested.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Hi Dreambox users, I have imported at least 50 DM500 clones over the last 12 months and there appear to be inconsistencies in both the behaviour of the remotes and the response of the boxes to TiVo codes, definitely two varieties of each and possibly three. It may be appropriate to list more than one tcl file for the Dreambox. I have not analyzed the reasons but I would be happy to swap your remote Skolink or lend you another to see if you can crack the reasons.
    I still have boxes for sale and happy to swap, refund or repair any boxes I sell if they are faulty. Unfortunately exchange rate has driven the price up a little.

If you have a couple spare (one of each type) you could lend them to me to hook up to a scope. My first guess would be the carrier frequency, or the way the IR codes are interpreted by the Dreambox firmware.
    Can anyone point me to a decent description of how TiVo IR codes are made up?
    I'm sure I saw one a long time ago when reading through the IR code capture and conversion info on the wiki, but now am unable to find it.
    Cheers,
    John

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Does this help http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/IR/WebHome?

I have pm'd you regarding sending a coupla boxes.

TiVo IR codes explained

I'm looking for the description of what each part of the code is for, for example the third number is the carrier frequency (eg 38). Some numbers represent lead-in, device code, the button pressed, lead out, etc. I can't find this description in the Wiki.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2