Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tivo Help Please :)

Agghh testing.. good stuff Peter is there a way of telneting to the tivo and changing the channel order for the EPG?

e

You should be able to remap the channel numbers from Tivoweb using the ChannelMap module

Hi CatDog, I tried Tivoweb but I cannot access it. I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong but my Tivo is a DHCP as well as the Wireless bridge.

When i do a ip scan i get it on 192.168.1.5

When i FTP to that IP i get the Dlink Wireless bridge page and not the TivoWeb page?

e

I have never used a wireless bridge, but shouldn't the Dlink Wireless bridge and the Tivo network card each be assigned a seperate IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by erhan75 View Post
    Peter it's really rare that they will change there line up, i dont mind changing things around if needed as long as i know how to do it
    I didn't want you to take my comment lightly, according to our records Austar have made 6 changes so far this year and 36 changes since Austar Digital started.

After each change you will need to renumber all stations again.

May i ask why you have so many Tivos? Do you record one to another to another to another?
    The footer is actually out of date We actually have 6 in day to day use and a couple more for software testing.

One just records Selectv, and the for the others we found that chances are any decent show is most likely to be on between 7:30-9:30 so we always had conflicts or had to cut off shows on one channel to start on another.

We never watch live tv.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

When i FTP to that IP i get the Dlink Wireless bridge page and not the TivoWeb page?
    If you look at your Dlink page, does it show the tivo is connected and what IP is assigned to it.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Excellent point Pete, when i do a ip scan i get 3 pings router, laptop and dlink.

i think the tivo does not ping because its linux based?

e

TiVo respond to pings same as most devices.

When you turn your TiVo on, you should recieve a message about a power failure. If your TiVo has sucessfully received an IP address from your DHCP server then it will also be shown in this message.

I suggest while you are setting up to connect the TiVo directly to your router via a cable and then once stable try wireless.

Peter.

Hi pete, when i first got the tivo from Darren it had 2 messages. 1 was for epg and the other for ip. the ip was 0.0.0.0.

Now darren has made it DHCP and my wireless bridge is also dhcp.

I know the wireless bridge is working because if i plug that into a pc without any other source of internet conection i get a ip and i'm able to browse the net.

Now in the tivo i have no messages at all?

Does this mean i need to reset it?

e

Just unplug it from power, wait a few seconds then plug it back in. You should get a new message within 5 minutes.

Peter.