Hi all,

I've been hovering around for a little while reading a lot about TiVo trying to decide whether I should take the plunge. I've been told by Foxtel that my building is not suitable for Foxtel iQ, so I went searching for an alternative and so here I am!

Firstly, my main concern is that if iQ is unavailable here, can I be sure that the TiVo is going to work. I'm in a large block of units in Sydney, receiving Foxtel Digital via Satellite. I'm assuming that the reason I can't get iQ is because it's Satellite not Cable. So will that affect my TiVo experience?

Secondly, although I have some computer savvy, I'm finding some of the HowTo Guides here a tad confusing, especially the Networking one. I understand that the TiVo needs to be connected to the internet to receive the EPG, but does it need to be connected 24/7 or can you simply connect it up when you want to get the latest EPG info. I have a wireless internet connection with Unwired, so is it possible for me to simply take the ethernet cable (coming from the wireless modem) out of the back of my PC and plug it into the TiVo while it dowloads the EPG. If not, how do I connect the TiVo to my PC? And since I don't keep my PC on all day, will the lack of a constant internet connection affect the TiVo?

Lastly, I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about TiVoZ. I found their website, offering TiVos for sale, with the option of having them install the hard disk and set up the hard disk image (after I download it from OzTivo and send it to them). Although I kind of understand what to do, I guess I'd feel more comfortable to have someone who really knows what they're doing to set it up properly. So is TiVoZ legit?

Sorry for the barrage of questions! If I can get my head around all of this, hopefully, I'll be enjoying TiVo soon!

Thanks very much,
Matt