Obviously we're not all having this problem, and it would appear perhaps it's sporadic for some people. I wonder if those of us affected can find something in common that might indicate the cause of the problem.

For me, calls are failing on all three emulators (Ed's, which I've been using up till now, and both port 80 and 8000 on Orac). I don't think I've had a successful call all week.

I've tried it with emuProxy and, for the sake of completeness, without. I can load the Orac home page in a web browser. I haven't, however, tried looking at the traffic when TiVo attempts a daily call.

My ISP (Iconz) promises that nothing has changed with proxies, etc. My own router setup hasn't changed. My TiVo hasn't been tinkered with for several weeks. Although Telecom are apparently about to "grandfather" my particular Jetstream plan, Iconz says that hasn't happened yet.

I'm probably going to reimage anyway, because the beta image I used turned out to have a bug that created only a 64MB swap partition, which is a bit small for my TiVo, which has 240GB of disk space. But before I do that is there any debugging data I can share that might help pin down the problem?

Are others who are having this problem also using the beta image? I know Tony is using a beta image, but doesn't have the small-swapfile problem, because I helped him do the guided setup.

Cheers
Matt

(PS my home router has just dropped off the net so I can't try the new emulator on 8888, but I will when I get home this afternoon.)