Hi,
I've been running my Tivo for 3 years now with no problems until recently.

A couple of months ago I decided to move to the new emulator. I bought a new Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 400Gb disc, & installed the NZTivo (Phillips) 1.5 image. It all works just fine. Except for one aspect.

Periodically (every few minutues) the sound & video hiccups ...everything slows down and then speeds up. The whole effect takes about 1/2 second and sounds similar to the effect of an old tape warble ...wow & flutter type effect. I've experimented with turning off all the optional services such as ftp, msftp, and even tivowebplus. I have worked out that it happens more when the Tivo is under load. I can force it to happen by running Top ( which I did to see what was hogging CPU). Its most obvious when Tivo is recording something and I'm either watching delayed or watching another recording.

I figure its either the disc or the OS. The disc has been running fine for 3 months...I thought if it was a crap disc it might have failed completely or got worse...but it hasn't. Has anyone heard anything wrong about the Seagate series 9 discs (single disc in Tivo)?

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this & how I could fix it ?.

Help