Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there an easy way

Is there an easy way

to change the date of my current guide data to years in the future?

I currently just use my HDR212 to do manual recordings, and really have no need for guide data. I want to be able to set my tivo to the current time and date without nag screens. If I set it to current time, it doesn't see my guide data which is in 2004.

can anyone help with a simple solution?

thanks

Hi Bondo,

Please do not post duplicate threads, it just doubles the work for the people who help on this forum.

Have you just tried simply setting the TiVo date to a date in the past that corresponds with your guide data.

E.G.
    Code:
    [TiVo [p0] ~]# settime 200402010000 -rtc
    Usage: settime [YYYYMMDDhhmm[ss]] [-rtc]

If this works, you could use a cron job to reset the time whenever your data ran out, once a day, once a week, once a month, etc.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Hi Bondo,

Please do not post duplicate threads, it just doubles the work for the people who help on this forum.

Have you just tried simply setting the TiVo date to a date in the past that corresponds with your guide data.

E.G.
    Code:
    [TiVo [p0] ~]# settime 200402010000 -rtc
    Usage: settime [YYYYMMDDhhmm[ss]] [-rtc]

If this works, you could use a cron job to reset the time whenever your data ran out, once a day, once a week, once a month, etc.

Peter.
    thanks for the response. I first posted here and then saw the question and answer forum, which I thought this question might better be suited for.

I'm using the settime trick right now, but in order for the time, day, month to match our current time, day and month, I have to set it to 1995. Every time I reboot it resets to 1998, the day it was manufactured.

That's why I'm looking for a different solution.

you could add a settime routine to rc.sysinit.author to set the date after each reboot.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

That would work, except it wouldn't know what exact date and time to set it at, at reboot.

Isn't it just the same day you are repeating over and over?

You could get the current time and use settime to set the date for the day of your guide data and just append the local time.

Peter.

If you are interested you could load a NoNag slice. This should resolve any issues you are having with the guide data. You may however run into trouble if any of the following clashes with your existing headend. In that situation you will need to find the Station FSID of a channel and use that rather than "C4" (7998032).

Finding your AV Source
    You need to find your AV Source FSID. You can either do this from the command line (instructions follow) or alternatively if you have access to Tivoweb, click on MFS then Click on Setup. The Source (which is also a link) is your A/V Source.

Finding your AV Source from the command line
    Run in a telnet/terminal session:
    # tivosh
    # mls /

Look for a line with the Setup object, look at it's ID number. A Typical number is something like 636950. Now type:

# dumpobj objectID

eg dumpobj 636950

Now you'll see your AV source ID, it'll be something like 636950/11 for example. You should only have one A/V Source ID unless you are using the TV tuner.

Type exit at the prompt to get out of tivosh and back to the bash prompt.

Manually Add a NoNag Channel (C4)

# add-whole-channel.tcl <Channel ID> <Channel Num> <ShortName> <LongName> <A/V FSID>

eg:

# add-whole-channel.tcl 7998032 4 TV1 "C4" 637957/11

Load the NoNag slice for C4

# dbload30.tcl NoNag.slice

I have attached the add-whole-channel.tcl and NoNag.slice files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

cheers.

bondo

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    If you are interested you could load a NoNag slice. This should resolve any issues you are having with the guide data. You may however run into trouble if any of the following clashes with your existing headend. In that situation you will need to find the Station FSID of a channel and use that rather than "C4" (7998032).

Finding your AV Source
    You need to find your AV Source FSID. You can either do this from the command line (instructions follow) or alternatively if you have access to Tivoweb, click on MFS then Click on Setup. The Source (which is also a link) is your A/V Source.

Finding your AV Source from the command line
    Run in a telnet/terminal session:
    # tivosh
    # mls /

Look for a line with the Setup object, look at it's ID number. A Typical number is something like 636950. Now type:

# dumpobj objectID

eg dumpobj 636950

Now you'll see your AV source ID, it'll be something like 636950/11 for example. You should only have one A/V Source ID unless you are using the TV tuner.

Type exit at the prompt to get out of tivosh and back to the bash prompt.

Manually Add a NoNag Channel (C4)

# add-whole-channel.tcl <Channel ID> <Channel Num> <ShortName> <LongName> <A/V FSID>

eg:

# add-whole-channel.tcl 7998032 4 TV1 "C4" 637957/11

Load the NoNag slice for C4

# dbload30.tcl NoNag.slice

I have attached the add-whole-channel.tcl and NoNag.slice files.
    Thomson, would this procedure be the same using the tuner? I don't plan on ever connecting an external A/V source. I just have the coaxial input from cable hooked up.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bondo
    Thomson, would this procedure be the same using the tuner?
    Yes... there is no difference. Just use the FSID found under TivoWeb->MFS->Setup->Source

And if you are not already using it you might like to have a look at the Manual Recording module for TivoWeb/TivoWebPlus.