Hello all,

I believe I have identified an error in the install instructions for image version 1.4 that explains a couple of install problems newbies have been mentioning lately. This same issue exists in Ed's thread and on the nztivo site.

First, just on the website, a minor but potentially fatal problem for a profound newbie, they prescribe issuing "RW" to enable read/write. This infact must be lower-case to work.

Second, more seriously, the instructions refer to editing the /etc/tclient.conf file, editing the line with the Minnie emulator address to one of the NZ ones.

But in image 1.4, the minnie address is actually hashed out in this file by default, leaving two others active - "Dennis' Emulator" and "emuProxy2".

The correct procedure is to add a "#" character before these two emulator's addresses, take the "#" character out before Minnie's address, then change Minnie's address to one of the two NZ emulator addresses as described in the instructions.

If someone tries to follow the existing instructions and fails to notice the "#" issue, when they connect they are actually downloading from one of the Aussie emulators, meaning everything seems to work through Guided Setup, until you hit the wall near the end with the dreaded "No Cable Providers" error in a horrendous recursive loop.

Maybe this'll help someone...

Cheers,

Tony

PS: I was interested to see that the Aussies leave two emulators active in the file... does this imply that one could put BOTH the NZ addresses in, and create some redundancy in case of server problems?