Quote Originally Posted by samjohnson
The reason I was investigating using the UK image was to get menus that are in PAL resolution and having on-screen access to the Recorder and Phone setup menus.
Haha... I must agree with you there. It is also annoying to have the playback "progress bar" appear near the middle of the picture rather than at the bottom... you hit pause, and the bits that you were intending to study a little closer are covered up

Seriously though, I have done a bit of playing with the tivoapp binary and may (one day) have a look to see if I can locate where the position of the progress bar is stored. I located the segment in the UK image where the progress bar is sized so as to extend the LiveTV buffer (this was done to expand the bufferhack utility). I should be able to use the offsets for the US binary in the bufferhack utility and work backwards to find the location... but assembler can get pretty tedious... and time is limited

Lately I have been playing around with the On Screen Display (OSD) in order to fix up a few quirks with JPEGwriter and the TCS application... only to notice that even though we may run a US system in PAL, the OSD still seems to still be NTSC (likely as the result of it being controlled via ioctl's to a non-PAL kernel module)... I am still playing around with this, but I think making the v3.0 menus more PAL-friendly could be rather difficult (and way too much work for anyone to attempt).