Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIN & SCA swapping 9 & 10 related channels - July 2021

WIN & SCA swapping 9 & 10 related channels - July 2021

On 1 July 2021, there was swapping of TV channels in a number of areas, with WIN (re)gaining 9 network channels and SCA (re)gaining 10 network channels. There may be similar channel swaps in other areas that don't have WIN & SCA as broadcasters.

So far I have heard from TiVo users in a few of those areas and worked out that swapping the guide data seems to help (so that the guide data from OzTiVo matches what is being displayed on the broadcast, although the channel name and logo don't match).

The way this usually works is that after I hear/see a particular area has this channel swapping issue and that the channels swapped seem pretty much consistent with other areas, that is:
    Broadcast channel -> TiVo station
    9 -> 10
    9Go -> 10 Bold (ONE)
    9Gem -> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)
    10 -> 9
    10 Bold -> 9Gem
    10 Peach -> 9Go
    then I swap which channels the guide data goes into for future guide data which has not yet been loaded (about 4 days into the future).

Here is a list of where & when I have done these channel swaps so far:

Cairns - July 10
    Hobart - July 16 / 23
    Launceston - July 17 / 23
    South East SA - July 19 / 23
    Canberra - July 17 / 22
    Orange - July 17 / 22
    Wollongong - July 23
    Bendigo - July 29 - updated Nov 3
    Ballarat - Aug 2 - updated Nov 7
    Toowoomba - August 18
    Regional WA - Sept 27
    Wide Bay & Sunshine Coast? (partial?) - Oct 3

I think/hope that Canberra is also used for South Coast NSW, but waiting for some feedback on that.

I expect (subject to confirmation from people in the areas where these oztivo channel swaps have happened) that old season passes on the swapped channels will stop working (because they won't see any matching shows on the channel where it used to be) but that you could recreate season passes for the new channels (after your tivo sees the swapped guide data) and those new season passes would work.

Call to Action:

If you are in an area where channels swapped on 1 July 2021 which is not in the list above, please post a reply on this thread saying what your area is (preferably a biggish town that gets the same TV broadcasts you do & state) and whether the channel swaps look the same for your areas as the swaps I have seen before - or if not then a list of the name your TiVo gives to the channel, what it looks like the EPG has and what is showing on air (no need to include information about the local channel number or logo). Or if you can't post here then find some other way to contact me. (I'm not going to give my email address here, because spammers.)

Then please give some feedback after you have been seeing the swapped guide data (maybe a week or so after your original post) on whether it has helped, any gotchas or tips for people in other areas so they know what to expect.
    Last edited by DavidKeegel; 02-11-2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Wollongong, Bendigo, Ballarat, Toowomba, Regional WA added

Hi David, thanks so much for your help so far. I've checked our tivo in Wollongong again today, 23rd July, below are the results.

You mentioned that you can't fix the logo, but are you able to fix the EPG label to match it to the EPG content? I have attached a photo with an arrow pointing towhat I'm calling the EPG label show you what I mean.

Also, 9gem and 9go still need to be swapped in the EPG Content for Wollongong please. (also shown in photo)

Channel 5
    EPG Label - Nine INCORRECT
    EPG Content 10 - Fixed
    Logo - nil
    Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
    EPG Label - 9HD INCORRECT
    EPG Content 10HD - Fixed
    Logo - Nil
    Airs channel - 10HD

Channel 52
    EPG Label - 9GEM INCORRECT
    EPG Content - 10 Peach - Fixed
    Logo - nil
    Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
    EPG Label - 9Go INCORRECT
    EPG Content - 10 Bold - Fixed
    Logo 11
    Airs channel - 10 Bold

Channel 8
    EPG Content 9 - Fixed
    EPG Label - WIN
    Logo Win
    Airs channel - 9

Channel 80
    EPG Content 9HD
    EPG Label - WINHD
    Airs channel 9HD

Channel 81
    EpG Content 9Go INCORRECT should be 9gem
    EPG Label - 'ONE' INCORRECT
    Logo 9Go
    Airs 9gem

Channel 82
    Epg Content 9gem INCORRECT should be 9go
    EPG Label - '11' INCORRECT
    Logo gem
    Airs 9Go

Thanks again. IMG-20210723-WA0004.jpg

Lukeric, what you call "EPG label" is what I call channel name, unfortunately its not something I can change. That is, the "ELEVEN" in the photo.

So based on that detailed info from Wollongong, I am now going to do:

Broadcast channel -> TiVo station
    9 -> 10
    9Go -> 10 Bold (ONE)
    9Gem -> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)
    10 -> 9
    10 Bold -> 9Gem
    10 Peach -> 9Go

for Wollongong, Cairns, Hobart, Launceston, SouthEastSA, Canberra & Orange for guide data from July 28 onwards (which should start appearing on TiVos on July 25). The channel names in bold are the ones that will be changing (from July 28).

If we get more information (for example other regions detailing a different situation with channels in their region), then I can rejig the channel swapping again (if its going to happen then the sooner this happens the better, in terms of work for me and disruption for TiVo users). I probably wouldn't change Wollongong again (since I now have a clear idea of how that should be from "EPG Content" and "Airs channel"), so I might end up splitting regions rather than trying to treat them all the same for channel swaps as I do now.

Hi David

I am in the Bendigo Vic region and my 9 and 10 have swapped over too the same as all the others have described. Are you able to help me out?

Thanks in advance

Anne

Hi David

I am in the Bendigo Vic region and my 9 and 10 have swapped over too the same as all the others have described. Are you able to help me out?

Thanks in advance

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by mnmGirlOz View Post

Anne, you should see swapped guide data in Bendigo after your TiVo's daily connection on 29 July.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    Anne, you should see swapped guide data in Bendigo after your TiVo's daily connection on 29 July.
    Thanks David. I did a connect to network as it hadn?t happened automatically on update earlier (at whatever time that is!).
    Excuse my ignorance but do I need to do anything else like redo the channel list? The names of each channel is still what they were but the programming has changed in relation to each channel number. Or am I just being impatient?
    Anne

Thanks David. I did a connect to network as it hadn?t happened automatically on update earlier (at whatever time that is!).
    The automatic connect happens about 25-26 hours after the previous connect.

Excuse my ignorance but do I need to do anything else like redo the channel list?
    You don't need to redo the channel list.
    The names of each channel is still what they were but the programming has changed in relation to each channel number. Or am I just being impatient?
    Anne
    I can't fix the channel names. What I am doing is changing the programming in the channels. So it sounds like that is working (at least something has changed).
    The question is whether the programming you see in the TiVo's guide data matches what is airing on that channel (for each of the channels for 9, 10, 9Go, 9Gem, 10Bold, 10Peach).
    Don't expect the guide data to match the TiVo's channel name, or for the TiVo channel name to match what is airing.

In lukeric's photo below from July 23, don't worry about matching the tivo channel name "ELEVEN" or the tivo logo "GEM". The question is whether "David Attenborough" matches the smurfs and 9Go you can see aired by the broadcaster. Unfortunately no, in that case.

Apart from Bendigo, I haven't seen any replies in the last few days about the situation whether EPG data for WIN & SCA channels matches what is aired by broadcasters, since my changes effective July 28.
    Should I assume no news is good news, and the guide data matches what is aired for 9, 9Go, 9Gem, 10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach for people with WIN or SCA who read these forums?

Hi David
    I have been away from the tv and am trying to catch up. It seems to me that my FSE NSW out of Canberra still has 9go and gem transposed.
    Anyone else?