Thread: SBS Audio Squeak Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here is the SBS webpage describing their Audio Description trial and what is due for the future: https://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/audio...ption-services. I have been in contact with them and it appears we are the first to report such a problem. Has anyone else had experience with their TV tuner or other PVR exhibiting glitches due to their experiments? I should add I haven't noticed it misbehave on my Fetch box from Optus. The more people that chime in , the better chance we have of solving it. Any contribution is appreciated and welcome. It appears it will go live and be a permanent fixture by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by simonshead View Post
    Here is the SBS webpage describing their Audio Description trial and what is due for the future: https://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/audio...ption-services. I have been in contact with them and it appears we are the first to report such a problem. Has anyone else had experience with their TV tuner or other PVR exhibiting glitches due to their experiments? I should add I haven't noticed it misbehave on my Fetch box from Optus. The more people that chime in , the better chance we have of solving it. Any contribution is appreciated and welcome. It appears it will go live and be a permanent fixture by the end of the month.
    Is there a way to turn off Audio Description on the TiVo? It's now added to the Who do you think you are? series, and the extra voice-overs are unnecessary for nonhandicapped viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by edcba View Post
    Is there a way to turn off Audio Description on the TiVo? It's now added to the Who do you think you are? series, and the extra voice-overs are unnecessary for nonhandicapped viewers.

The procedure is laid out in the very first post of this thread. We haven't got a permanent way to address this yet.

Below is the settings that need to be changed to fix the squeak.

Hit the info button while on SBS or SBS Viceland channels
    Scroll down to the speaker icon on the right hand side of the info dialog box and hit select to access the Alternate Audio Settings
    Once in the Alternate Audio Settings you need to change from Language Unknown (aus) to English-MPEG1
    Squeak gone..

Name: Unknown-5.jpg Views: 38 Size: 24.7 KB

Name: Unknown-4.jpg Views: 37 Size: 25.8 KB

I hope this helps anyone that is having the same issue and if someone finds out how to make the MPEG-1 the default setting please let me know.