Thread: 2450 TV Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2450 TV Guide

Hi,

First question after a long period...sorry.

Have we got to the stage yet, via the TV guide, that we can now substitute our used postcode 2000 and move on to say 2450, my postcode, or one that will work the epg data from Mt Moombil transmitter that services the Kempsey/Grafton area?

We still don't get Prime 7 data, and use channel 7 Sydney for that one, but now we also have the additional channels of Peach and Boss Coffs harbour, without and epg to suit.

Thanks again for everyone's work behind the scenes.

The postcode that you put into guided set up is irrelevant to the guide info that your TiVo sees, for everyone in Australia with series 3 TiVo. (That postcode is relevant for time zone and daylight saving switches but not much else.)

You should be able to tell whether you are seeing Sydney Seven guide info or Coffs Harbour Prime7 guide info by looking at what your tivo guide says is on at 6pm Monday - either Seven News or Prime7 News.

OzTiVo series 3 database knows about the Coffs Harbour area and has guide data for Prime7, Eleven and One there.
    In Melbourne area (where I am), my TiVo has guide data for what it calls One (channel 1) which has a 10 Boss logo and guide info for 10 Boss. Similarly my TiVo has what it calls ELEVEN (channel 11) with guide info for 10 Peach and which shows a 10 Peach logo when you tune to the channel. Before October 31, my tivo had One (channel 1) and ELEVEN (channel 11), the same as now. So for me channels 1 and 11 are called by the old names, but the right guide data comes up. I would expect it to be similar around the Coffs Harbour area (assuming that Win Boss and Win Peach are broadcast on the same channel numbers as One and Eleven were previously).

As a TiVo user, the issues for me are: the channels still have the old names and old logos, and there is now a channel 12 called 10 Boss on my tivo, but it has no logo displayed by TiVo's Info button and no guide data at all for that channel. (I don't particularly care about that as a TiVo user, because channel 12 has the same content as channel 1, so I can just ignore channel 12.)

As a TiVo admin, I think I have a general idea of where things would need to be changed on the oztivo S3 server to change the channel name & logo, but there is part of that I don't understand well enough and my attempts to do things like adding guide data for the Your Money channel in Melbourne have been unsuccessful so far (the guide data is being populated on the server, but it is not getting to TiVos).

I should have a go at changing One to Boss and Eleven to Peach on the server, perhaps a channel rename will be easier than adding a new channel.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    The postcode that you put into guided set up is irrelevant to the guide info that your TiVo sees, for everyone in Australia with series 3 TiVo. (That postcode is relevant for time zone and daylight saving switches but not much else.)

You should be able to tell whether you are seeing Sydney Seven guide info or Coffs Harbour Prime7 guide info by looking at what your tivo guide says is on at 6pm Monday - either Seven News or Prime7 News.

OzTiVo series 3 database knows about the Coffs Harbour area and has guide data for Prime7, Eleven and One there.
    In Melbourne area (where I am), my TiVo has guide data for what it calls One (channel 1) which has a 10 Boss logo and guide info for 10 Boss. Similarly my TiVo has what it calls ELEVEN (channel 11) with guide info for 10 Peach and which shows a 10 Peach logo when you tune to the channel. Before October 31, my tivo had One (channel 1) and ELEVEN (channel 11), the same as now. So for me channels 1 and 11 are called by the old names, but the right guide data comes up. I would expect it to be similar around the Coffs Harbour area (assuming that Win Boss and Win Peach are broadcast on the same channel numbers as One and Eleven were previously).

As a TiVo user, the issues for me are: the channels still have the old names and old logos, and there is now a channel 12 called 10 Boss on my tivo, but it has no logo displayed by TiVo's Info button and no guide data at all for that channel. (I don't particularly care about that as a TiVo user, because channel 12 has the same content as channel 1, so I can just ignore channel 12.)

As a TiVo admin, I think I have a general idea of where things would need to be changed on the oztivo S3 server to change the channel name & logo, but there is part of that I don't understand well enough and my attempts to do things like adding guide data for the Your Money channel in Melbourne have been unsuccessful so far (the guide data is being populated on the server, but it is not getting to TiVos).

I should have a go at changing One to Boss and Eleven to Peach on the server, perhaps a channel rename will be easier than adding a new channel.
    Thanks for this info.

Thank you for the very detailed reply..again I wish to say thanks for all your work...CHEERS

Just to comment about TiVo's, postcodes, etc....

I live in an area where I get both Melbourne channels from Mt Dandenong and Gippsland channels from Mt Tassie and the TiVo's cope with both fine. All channels have their own entity and EPG just by using the 3000 postcode.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Hi,

First question after a long period...sorry.

Have we got to the stage yet, via the TV guide, that we can now substitute our used postcode 2000 and move on to say 2450, my postcode, or one that will work the epg data from Mt Moombil transmitter that services the Kempsey/Grafton area?

We still don't get Prime 7 data, and use channel 7 Sydney for that one, but now we also have the additional channels of Peach and Boss Coffs harbour, without and epg to suit.

Thanks again for everyone's work behind the scenes.
    I still don't understand what you mean by
    We still don't get Prime 7 data, and use channel 7 Sydney for that one,
    If you tell us more about what you see and don't see, then hopefully I can recognise what sort of problem you have and say whether it is one I can fix (or tell you how to work around) or one I would need more information to fix or one I don't know how to fix.

For this:
    but now we also have the additional channels of Peach and Boss Coffs harbour, without and epg to suit.
    I'm guessing you are saying that WIN Peach and WIN Boss channels were recently added on your TiVo using channel numbers which were not previously used (or at least, didn't previously have TiVo guide info).
    If you have other channels which your TiVo calls One and Eleven and have guide data, then just use those channels (and remember that One=Boss and Eleven=Peach) and ignore the new channels with no guide info.

If we (I?) work out how to update the OzTiVo server so it can push out guide info for new channels (for example, Your Money and Sky News on Win), then we will probably also be able to change channel names (for example, One->Boss, Eleven->Peach). I'm not sure whether we would want to have two copies of guide info where the same channel is broadcast on two different channel numbers (if we are not doing that already), for example in Melbourne 10 Boss is on channel 1 (has tivo guide data, is called "one" on my TiVo) and channel 12 (no tivo guide data, was recently called "10 Boss" on my TiVo. a name which my TiVo figured out with no help from oztivo server).

Sorry for slow reply.

Yes ,
    Bold 51 on a normal tv shows as 51 One Coffs Harbour on the Tivo
    Peach 52 on a normal tv shows as 52 Eleven on the Tivo
    54 TVSN on a normal telly doesn't appear at all on the Tivo
    65 ishoptv on a normal telly doesn't appear at all on the Tivo

Channels 55 Gold, 62 7Two and 66 7Flix all show "to be announced"

Sorry for slow reply.

Yes ,
    Bold 51 on a normal tv shows as 51 One Coffs Harbour on the Tivo
    Peach 52 on a normal tv shows as 52 Eleven on the Tivo
    54 TVSN on a normal telly doesn't appear at all on the Tivo
    65 ishoptv on a normal telly doesn't appear at all on the Tivo

Channels 55 Gold, 62 7Two and 66 7Flix all show "to be announced"
    Apart from 7Two and 7Flix, that sounds like what I would expect.
    If you care about the channel names and want the new name rather than the old name, you might be able to get the channel name to update if you delete the channel and let the TiVo add it again (but I haven't tried this recently so I'm not sure if that works - maybe try it on a channel you don't care much about to see whether the channel gets added again automatically or if you need to scan for channels or if neither of those work.

We don't do guide info for home shopping channels like TVSN, ishoptv and Gold anywhere in Australia.
    See http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...orted_Channels

Having a quick look, I can't see any obvious reason why you wouldn't get 7Two and 7flix, but there are some other channels which don't work (and haven't worked since day 1 in Nov 2017) and probably need something changed in the oztivo headend but I'm not sure what. If we can solve how to make guide data for new channels (like 7food, YourMoney, SkyNews) visible on tivos, then we can probably make 7Two and 7flix work in Coff's Harbour work too. I assume 7Two and 7flix have not worked since Nov 2017 and don't work for any oztivo in Coff's Harbour.

Thank you...I know no other person in Coffs harbour to check with, unfortunately.

I did a full scan this arvo, and everything is still the same.

Thanks for the help, all Tivo users appreciate your work.