Thread: Tivo keeps resetting

Tivo keeps resetting

Hi from a first time poster, can anyone tell me why my 30 month old Tivo keeps resetting itself every after 3 or 4 minutes of watching Tv? It resets as though the power has gone off and then back on again and therefore runs through the whole reboot thing?

Any help appreciated.
    Regards
    Kevin

It's impossible to tell for certain, but the most likely culprit is the hard drive failing as it is usually the first thing to go.

Pete
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Peter is correct. A "30 month old" TiVo = 2 1/2 years of constant hard disk punishment. Anything more than 18 months is a bonus!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Has my hard drive failed?

Hi Darren,

I wanted to get in touch with you but it appears your website has been hacked as I get Malware alerts on Google.

My TiVo started to make a funny noise and then it restarted and now it doesn't accept have a signal.

Could you please let me know if you are still repairing TiVo's and if so how to get in contact with you.

Thanks in advance

Neil

Neil if you are reasonably confident with computers, it is easy enough to copy the old TiVo drive onto a new one with your PC, using WinMFS.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Quote Originally Posted by oxnam View Post
    I wanted to get in touch with you but it appears your website has been hacked as I get Malware alerts on Google.
    Google has been a pain in the bum of late. There is NO malware or trojans or hacking. I've done my own scans, and even when Google still refused to listen BUT won't tell me specifically what it is they have alleged to have found.

I had a 3rd party review the site (at cost, mind you) and they are going to inform Google to take me off their blacklist as they cannot find anything either.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Peter is correct. A "30 month old" TiVo = 2 1/2 years of constant hard disk punishment. Anything more than 18 months is a bonus!

I currently still have the ORIGINAL tivo (darn near 13 years) and it is JUST starting to go goofy
    Now that tivo is back with directv, im not so worried about it.

If you are still on the original hard drive it is more of a miracle than a bonus.

I don't know of anyone in our community that is still using the original HDD in their Series ones.

Pete.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quite honestly, i think it started going goofy because i plugged the phone line back into it about a year ago. Unfortunately my tivo days may be over direvtv wants to charge 200 bucks PLUS $25/mo. service fee for as long as you are using it... AND it wont have all of tivos features

Unless i can fix/replace the HD on my tired tivo, im going to be stuck with directv crappy dvr.. *GASP!!!*

i dont think i can handle that