Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tasmanian TV Guide Issues.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by damar View Post
    SBS Viceland has moved from ch 32 to ch 31 which is blank in the TV guide. so now I can't auto record. can anyone help me??
    In Melbourne, we have the same guide info for SBS Viceland HD and SBS Viceland (channels 31 and 32). This is what I would expect to have in your area.
    I can think of two possibilities: (1) oztivo doesn't have guide info for both channels in your area (2) your tivo might have channel settings which use a different channel 31 configuration (perhaps an old frequency or something).
    Can you tell me what area you are in? Then I can check (1) for that area. If your area doesn't have SBS Viceland HD guide info on the oztivo S3 server, then I should be able to fix that.

I have checked.......all my SBS channels are 571.5 mhz channel 32 epg still shows the Viceland programs but they are not there. channel 31 calls itself Viceland to be announced. I am in New Norfolk, Hobart Tasmania area.

Quote Originally Posted by damar View Post
    I have checked.......all my SBS channels are 571.5 mhz channel 32 epg still shows the Viceland programs but they are not there. channel 31 calls itself Viceland to be announced. I am in New Norfolk, Hobart Tasmania area.
    I have had a look on the server side for Hobart and it looks okay. ID 148378615 for old Viceland (channel 32, which will become World Movies on July 1) and ID 370553369 for Viceland HD (channel 31).
    So it seems the problem is your tivo is not getting EPG for ID 370553369, or it's not associating that with channel 31.
    Do other people in Southern Tasmania (who get broadcasts from Hobart) have the same problem with guide info for channel 31?
    For you damar has guide info for channel 31 been missing for ages (months/years) but it's never really been a major problem before because you could just use channel 32 and ignore 31?

If I have some spare time, I'll have a look around the forums for how you can dump channel info from your tivo so you can try that and see if it is using a different ID for channel 31 or something. (I've got people to dump channel info from their tivos before when looking for missing channels in some regions, but I don't remember how to do it now.) Maybe even try playing with deleting the channel and/or adding a channel on my test tivo.

Anyway, I have made some changes today (in 12 regions across Australia, not just for Hobart/S.Tas) which will hopefully mean we start getting guide info for SBS World Movies on channel 32 (for showings from July 1 onwards) in the next day or two (fingers crossed).
    Until today, channel 31 and 32 have had duplicate guide info (for Viceland and Viceland HD). Soon there should be different guide info on those channels (for July 1 onwards), hopefully.
    But I haven't tried to change the channel name or logo that appears on the tivo for channel 32, so I still expect the tivo to call it SBS VICELA, even though it is (will be) really SBS World Movies now/soon.

I haven't had my Tivo for very long.......channel 31 has always been "to be announced" it is called Viceland. channel 32 is now called Movie channel, but it still has the Viceland epg and when my auto recordings come on they are just movie channel adverts. I did a new channel scan and have Viceland on channel 372 and Movies on 368, but the epg says "to be announced". If I type channel 31 or 372 into Freeview, I get Viceland on screen and I can manually record

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    I have had a look on the server side for Hobart and it looks okay. ID 148378615 for old Viceland (channel 32, which will become World Movies on July 1) and ID 370553369 for Viceland HD (channel 31).
    So it seems the problem is your tivo is not getting EPG for ID 370553369, or it's not associating that with channel 31.
    If I have some spare time, I'll have a look around the forums for how you can dump channel info from your tivo so you can try that and see if it is using a different ID for channel 31 or something.
    The command to dump channel info that I was thinking of is:
    Code:
    /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl
    In order to run a command like that you need to first get a shell on your tivo using ssh or telnet, for example:
    https://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/vie...lnetToYourTiVo
    Or you could use putty to ssh (with port 22 instead of port 23).