Thread: NZ TiVo Experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

Updates:

Having found a very good FAQ for the Series3HD here, I discover that the recommended way to configure your TiVo video-out is to set it to 1080i Fixed rather than Native if your TV supports it (the default here seems to be 720i fixed). So I'm going to try that.

It is worth noting that you need to se the 'Convert Dolby to PCM' option in the settings (not on by default) to get the TiVo 'bing' to work on Dolby channels. As we have no Dolby box anyway there's no loss to us.

The 30sec advert-skip mod seems to work as well.

The 'Now Playing' screen lists the recordins with subfolders; however subfolders are only created for Wishlists, Suggestions, and Recently Deleted - you cant use them to manually organise your files althought the FAQ I linked to above has some nice suggestions on how to make custom wishlists to achieve this.

The 'Tivo Genie' Internet web interface has successfully scheduled my new Season Pass as requested, taking about 10mins to action the request, so this is another thing that does not require Telecom broadband to work fully.

I should have been more clear about about the updates required to make the Home Networking work. You need to force a connection on the TiVo several times until the status says 'Awaiting Reboot'. Then you tell it to reboot (but not resetting to default settings of course) and once it is back to life, you need to reboot your PC which is running the Home Networking.

Still having problems getting the remote to play with my Acer TV set. However, this page has some instructions on how to set up the remote in these circumstances, so I'll try it later.

Another note: the telnet port 31339 for remote automation is confirmed to be enabled on the NZ TiVo using the current software. This is what you'd expect, since it apparently now works on the Oz TiVos, but its worth knowing in case you want to use one of those nifty iPhone apps to control your TiVo.
    Last edited by CheshireCat; 08-11-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Steve Shipway
    Auckland, New Zealand
    2x S3 TiVo HD 320GB (FreeView) - Orcon Internet
    1x S3 TiVo HD 320GB - Power supply reparied, see how I did it here
    UK S1 TiVo - Needs conversion to TivoNZ - For sale