This might be an interesting problem..... probably going to have to solve it with a Tivo HD if I am one of the lucky 5

Sound would drop out when recording. Sometimes changing the channels would bring it back.

So far have followed advice and swapped the Hard drive and the power supply (from a spare Philips unit) to no avail.

I think a PAL modification - specifically the stereo mod has come un glued (well unsoldered) and I dont know where the wires reattach.

The interesting thing is it appears to be a NICAM mod that doesnt follow any of the guides. It is a proper circuit board in a plastic box with "Andrew Payne NiCAM Decoder" on it. Anyone recognise it?

I will try to upload photos but the wires run from the 2 capacitors on the sound chip back to this unit into L & R labelled soldered connections. There appears to be a wire from (I think) -5v loose on that circuit board and I cannot tell where from. Hard to tell as there is a few terminated witres that seem to go nowhere - possibly from earlier mods.

The tuner is a TMDG2-505A and there appears to be no wire from pin 21 that I can see. There is a long wire from the circuit board with label "SIF" or "SIP" which I guess might be the sound input but I cannot see any evidence if soldering to show where it was originally - again pin 21 shows no evidence of a soldered joint.

I cant just use the Philips box as I have no source box to use.

Help....

Chris