I've offered before but I know I'm limited and may need some coaching. I've acted as the NZ contact point for an IT dept. from Aus and provided good instruction was given, I was able to render good assistance. I've made this offer previously, in July and September 08 and I'm aware that both David Stott and Schumi have made similar comments or offers.

My offer still stands. I'm very appreciative of the efforts that the volunteers must put in and salute them for their commitment.

I'd make the comment though, that the current problem has occurred before and just seemed to get fixed "automagically". No explanation from anyone, hence no-one can offer either gratitude or alternatively learn from it. Then, when fixed, it comes back to the old "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and things run on happily until the next break in transmission, so to speak. We seem to have a situation where people post that there's a problem and others chime in, in good faith, to confirm that it's widespread, only to effectively have their ears pinned back.

I suspect the request for help may be fishing for someone with a lot more knowledge than I possess but if it's php and things like that, I'd be prepared to read "For Dummies" book on it if that would help.

I'm not looking to upset anyone, just stating what I see (or "perceive") from the outside.

If I can help, I'm only a few keystrokes away..