I took a look at the website tonight after finding my guide data for TV1 & TV2 fried (help!).

I stumbled upon this thread and was quite surprised to see it has been running for a few days and I was unaware of it. Of course - I hardly ever refer to the website these days as the guide data service has been so reliable. I confess I have fallen into the habit anytime over the last few month that the GD goes bad, of just waiting until it magically fixes itself.

Credit to the folks who maintain the service, but makes me feel that I have become dissociated from the NZ Tivo project. Only as its so reliable, not through lack of interest.

If not many people are replying to requests for help, why not send a message to all users through the guide data as has been done when the channel lineup changes.

There may be a lot more people out there who could help but no longer come to the website.

Personally I'd love to help, I work in the IT area but do not posess the specific skills it sounds like are needed. Very happy to take on any work I could do, but know my limitations.

The problem seems to be that as the founder members drift away (and no disrespect to them, the ride has been great so far and I for one am nothing but grateful!) that the people required to carry on would ideally be ready skilled up and ready to jump in and do the work.

Might sound obvious, but perhaps the remaining efforts of the team could/should be directed at documenting/organising things so that others can assume the role without having to learn from scratch?

Its an interesting thought for me that my kids are 11 years old now and they can't remember a world without Tivo...

I echo a previous sentiment that I'm not happy to just let things die naturally, but whatever I can do to help in grunt work, effort, donations, whatever - I'm more than happy to offer.

Neil.

PS - anyone looking at the current guide data problems... ???