Thread: Anyone running both new and old Tivos?

Anyone running both new and old Tivos?

I know two series 1 Tivos can 'talk' to share playing lists etc, and I know two of the new Tivos can share their Now Playing - but (and I suspect I know the answer) can a new HD Tivo and an old series 1 connect together?

Also, while I know there is no guide data to support it, can the new HD Tivo's control a Sky decoder ? I would love one, but would miss out on recording Mythbusters, Click etc off Sky - and I wouldn't mind being able to record these in some manner...

Appreciate any feedback,

Thanks
    Neil
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by MrGadget View Post
    I know two series 1 Tivos can 'talk' to share playing lists etc
    Only by installing hacks (don't forget TiVo never included networking for the S1's). Only S2 & S3 have a sharing ability built in.

and I know two of the new Tivos can share their Now Playing - but (and I suspect I know the answer) can a new HD Tivo and an old series 1 connect together?
    No, but you can transfer and convert your S1 recordings to mpg on a PC and use that PC as a server that the S3 can see if you have the TiVo Home Networking Package.

Also, while I know there is no guide data to support it, can the new HD Tivo's control a Sky decoder ? I would love one, but would miss out on recording Mythbusters, Click etc off Sky - and I wouldn't mind being able to record these in some manner...
    There is no external inputs or IR blaster, so you cannot use any external sources with an AU/NZ TiVo HD.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks - those a pretty much the answers I was expecting. Thanks for the quick reply...
    Still, I can see me parting with $920 in the near future - just have to work a way to throw the old Tivo up in the bedroom and have something to act as a tuner.

Any chance there's someone in Christchurch that can add a tuner to a series one?
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

You can buy a digital STB to run your S1 for the FTA channels.

There are a few that already have S1 IR codes.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Any chance there's someone in Christchurch that can add a tuner to a series one?
    Yes PM / email me

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2