Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austar Flinders / Mystar Advice

Quote Originally Posted by anynamebuttpg View Post
    I can supply you a flinders remote, I actually have three and they are available retail.
    Ah, well... My apologies then. I always assumed these things were not, but there you go

That changes things a little, because if the original remote chip is used then the only reason why it would not work properly is if I crossed the wiring from the PIC to the remote chip and it was "pressing" the wrong buttons. So long as I do not do that a simple IR detector (I have one) will show the translator is transmitting IR signals for each digit which means no test STB required. Therefore I guess it would be a case of if anyone wants one then they BYO remote.

OK then I guess it is up to whether Bruce wants to do it or me. Given it is his project I'll have to give him first dibs on this - and I don't actually have the program that runs in the PIC chip anyway - so it is Bruce's call. He's been "green lighted" regarding his apprehensions about having to charge for the making of them (see other thread) so it is his call on what happens from here.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I have been in contact with Bruce (via PM's here) in November and December, however have not had a reply since. Anything you can do (as I'm not sure if Bruce is about or visiting here any longer) would be an enormous help to myself and all the others with Flinders boxes

The Plea to Darren

As we have not had any further response from Bruce...... Can I suggest that maybe Darren you can look into producing this translator?

I am more than happy to be the guinea pig, by way of what ever equipment you need and also being the financial guinea pig as I really can't see this solution being fixed by anyone else.

This solution will benefit all those in the tivo community that either have a flinders stb or are reluctant to join as Austar is their only option and the Flinder STB is what they are going to be stuck with.

Please help

Sorry, but I really don't have the time to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak.

Build units from an already working design, yes. Having to fully work out and write a program for the PIC chip to interpret the IR codes, no.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Wade, have you tried PM'ing Bruce?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter, Yes I have attempted to do that, however there has been no reply, so I feel like I (and others) are stuck in limbo again..... which if anyone can assist again I'm more than happy to pay for someones time and provide whatever equipment that is required in order to find a solution for all that are suffering the same problem

Thanks, I have also got your PM.

I'll try directly and see if I get a response.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have heard from both Bruce and Wade, and they are working something out together.

Peter.

Unhappy Austar on Dreambox

So far I've been unsucessful tuning the Dreambox into Austar. I can't seem to get a lock on any of the Optus C1 transponders. The issue might be signal strength, although both Austar boxes (analog and MyAustar) work fine.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Since you work with dreamboxes, I assume you already know about the lyngsat website.

It might pay to try and find a good FTA channel, to at least rule out any encryption issues.

Peter.