Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ?how to convert pronto neo IR codes

You've just exceeded the processing capacity....

Of my brain.....!

Sorry T1voZA

First off, I tried to use the tivo to learn the codes using it's IR sensor, along with some very ragged beta linux software, and I soon learned that holding the button down on the remote sending the code to the tivo was definitely a bad idea....

So when I used the pronto, I naturally tried to send quick individual codes to it with short taps of the button on the "sending" remote. The pronto would have none of this and I had to hold the key down on the "sending" remote to get the pronto to capture the code. If I tried to be too snappy with the button I got an error on the "receiving" pronto. All this was in a fairly dark closet (which attracted the attention of my wife but you don't need to know more about that of course! )

Thanks for the link to the .za page. I will have a bash with it and let you know how I get on. I generally have noscript enabled in my firefox browser so when I first looked the page made absolutely no sense at all. Scripts can be evil things and I like to keep control of them.

Thanks for your continued help with this...

Chris

I had a go with the converter: starting with my digit 0 "invalid pronto code entered, sequence length is incorrect"

I had entered:

0 54 0 18 22 15 9 15 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 42 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 33 9 33 9 24 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 15 9 15 9 4866

into digit 0 box.

and of course the resulting tivo script file

"" setIr $tivoir "Dig0" "null" ""

not very helpful!

Hmm.... now what do I do?

Please, as you know how to use the converter and my files are here for you to see, could you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Please excuse my frustration. I've been at this IR codes issue for weeks.....

pronto 2 neo

Hi again

Thanks for asking for my files

However, as my codes are not working, I'm not sure you would find them helpful in working out an algorhythm to back convert from pronto codes to neo.

Please confirm that you really do want my codes and I will send them...

I'm an amateur and neophyte. I Don't want to 'contaminate' your system!

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMedic View Post
    I had a go with the converter: starting with my digit 0 "invalid pronto code entered, sequence length is incorrect"

I had entered:

0 54 0 18 22 15 9 15 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 42 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 33 9 33 9 24 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 15 9 15 9 4866

into digit 0 box.

and of course the resulting tivo script file

"" setIr $tivoir "Dig0" "null" ""
    You need to enter the codes in Pronto CCF format (i.e. the codes extracted when viewing your .ncf file in the Marantz RC3200 editor). An example of this would be a code like:
    Code:
    0000 006E 0012 0012 0009 0021 0009 0050 0009 0026 0009 006A 0009 0030
    0009 0030 0009 0030 0009 0045 0009 01E6 0009 0021 0009 005B 0009 001C
    0009 0026 0009 001C 0009 0021 0009 001C 0009 001C 0009 0C35 0009 0021
    0009 0050 0009 0026 0009 006A 0009 0030 0009 0030 0009 0030 0009 0045
    0009 01E6 0009 0021 0009 0030 0009 0045 0009 0026 0009 001C 0009 0021
    0009 001C 0009 001C 0009 0C35

However, as my codes are not working, I'm not sure you would find them helpful in working out an algorhythm to back convert from pronto codes to neo.

Please confirm that you really do want my codes and I will send them...
    Yip, I would still like them

I've already written the code and algorithms, there are a number of IR format permutations possible so having extra test cases will help validate the code even if the captured codes aren't valid.

Codes

Hi T1voZA

Attached are my codes. There isn't a ccf file because I cut and pasted codes direct from the marantz software, into your script pages to get the tcl file.

first file is raw data from the neoedit software
    the "hacked" codes are the output from neohack software
    the third file contains the hex codes from the marantz software.

Unfortunately, no guarantees about any of these files having usable or correct information in them.

Hope they interest you though. Thanks for your help.

Chris.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hope they interest you though. Thanks for your help.
    Yip, looks they they will be useful as they contain a different format to the codes I have been testing. Would I be correct in assuming the DBS device codes correlate to the hex codes extracted from the Marantz software?

Unfortunately, no guarantees about any of these files having usable or correct information in them.
    I take it switching the burst pairs didn't solve the problem?

More...

Hi T1voZA

I've not tried the pair codes yet.

You're right about the DBS codes being the ones I'm using. Sorry for not making that clear.

I'll have a go with these codes later tomorrow, and let you know how I get on.

Best wishes and thanks again

Chris.

crashing on reboot

Hi T1voZA

I think the codes may be OK but there is something wrong with the way I'm importing them to my tivo.

I've got the tivo operating with the supplied codes 30017. These don't work with my stb but I have to choose something in guided setup to complete the setup.

I then reboot the tivo, and via serial port go to /var/hack/guides. I upload my tcl file there using zmodem and check it using "joe" text editor. My tcl file is set to 30017 to replace the codes already loaded.

then I run

tivosh
    %source altech4.tcl
    loadcodes

this then completes with the correct 'puts' to the screen

Then I type "ctrl-d" to exit tivosh.

Then restart the tivo.

When the tivo restarts it gets into a boot-reboot cycle.

I wonder if the tcl file I've written has an error in it. I can't see how it would keep rebooting when all I've done is change the IR codes?? I haven't even used the codes, so unless the tivo sends them on boot, it shouldn't crash, unless my tcl file is doing something else in addition to changing the codes.

Please help!!

Chris.

I'm going to try entering the codes manually using tridge's method of writing them directly to tty2, just to test them... hopefully without crashing the machine this way.

The TiVo does send a channel change after boot, to get it to a known state.

You may want to change the number used to 29998, as 30017 will be over written by a new slice (which I happened to make today also).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

still no go.

Hi again, from frustrated of Tasmania.

Thanks Pete: But I'm not at all fussed about upcoming slices, unless of course someone has saved me the pain of getting some flinders codes which work, and put them in the slice.

I don't have any codes which work yet, so I don't care if my codes are overwritten. To be honest, I'm getting to the stage now where I feel like overwriting the entire tivo HD with something more useful! I'll worry about the cable box code number once I get something working. I've had requests from all over the place for flinders codes. Only myself seems to be working on it. Me, who knowns next to nothing about the tivo, or linux for that matter.

I've been trying to find where, in the tivo image, the list of cable box codes is located, so I can play with that directly, rather than using scripts which seem not to work. But I can't find where, on the tivo image, the stb codes live. I've looked all over the wiki and can't find this information. The wiki says something about a /stb sudirectory, which seems not to exist in the current image, I've searched all over for that.

I really don't mind reimaging my drive (probably now for the 20th time) and then changing the stb code file to use my own codes, before I complete guided setup.

I'm fed up of scripts which don't work, and scripts which result in a brick rather than a tivo. Unfortunately I don't know linux scripts well enough to pick out the faults in them. It seems a lot of stuff on the wiki relates to old images and when I try to use the scripts blind, either the directory doesn't exist on the new image, some file or proc doesn't exist, or I get a "permission denied" error despite setting the file system to read/write.

So pete, you could really help me by letting me know where the stb ir codes are located in the current image, if you have that information.

To my friend T1voZA

I tried the ir_codes.tcl file and of course set my file system to read/write before I started

./ir_codes.tcl

"permission denied"

what?!

I went to the mfslib.tcl file and checked and yes, it's read/write enabled.

Now what do I do???!!!

Chris.
    the ir_codes.tcl file is appended. Does this look right? This is the code downloaded form T1voZA's irconvert page with "switch sequences" ticked.
    Attached Files Attached Files