Of my brain.....!

Sorry T1voZA

First off, I tried to use the tivo to learn the codes using it's IR sensor, along with some very ragged beta linux software, and I soon learned that holding the button down on the remote sending the code to the tivo was definitely a bad idea....

So when I used the pronto, I naturally tried to send quick individual codes to it with short taps of the button on the "sending" remote. The pronto would have none of this and I had to hold the key down on the "sending" remote to get the pronto to capture the code. If I tried to be too snappy with the button I got an error on the "receiving" pronto. All this was in a fairly dark closet (which attracted the attention of my wife but you don't need to know more about that of course! )

Thanks for the link to the .za page. I will have a bash with it and let you know how I get on. I generally have noscript enabled in my firefox browser so when I first looked the page made absolutely no sense at all. Scripts can be evil things and I like to keep control of them.

Thanks for your continued help with this...

Chris

I had a go with the converter: starting with my digit 0 "invalid pronto code entered, sequence length is incorrect"

I had entered:

0 54 0 18 22 15 9 15 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 42 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 33 9 33 9 24 9 33 9 15 9 15 9 15 9 15 9 4866

into digit 0 box.

and of course the resulting tivo script file

"" setIr $tivoir "Dig0" "null" ""

not very helpful!

Hmm.... now what do I do?

Please, as you know how to use the converter and my files are here for you to see, could you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Please excuse my frustration. I've been at this IR codes issue for weeks.....