Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to re-image disk

Yes the image allows for the new server, but does not allow for TPG.

Are you with TPG for Internet?

Either way you should see it on your router, if it's not there it won't make a call.

Let us know how you go with a fixed IP.

If it works, at least we will have some access to your box to see what's happening.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Yes the image allows for the new server, but does not allow for TPG.

Are you with TPG for Internet?

Either way you should see it on your router, if it's not there it won't make a call.

Let us know how you go with a fixed IP.

If it works, at least we will have some access to your box to see what's happening.

Peter
    ahh TPG that brings back bad memories.... no thankfully I'm not with TPG (i'm with Telstra).
    I will fix the IP and let you know how it all goes.

Peter & Darren,

I managed to get somewhere last night, I decided to hook up the hdd as it was with the cachecard + ram but disconnected to the ethernet, well this did the trick, the splash screen came up and it wrote and verifyied drivers, It took me to the set up guide where it failed again. Ok, I hooked up the ethernet cable rebooted and voila it connected to the network and it downloaded and indexed guide data!.

OK, the issue I have is that I did get to see foxtel through a single channel on the Tivo and had to manually change channels with the fox remote (I forgot to do the IR in my excitement) and the other issue is that all my FTA channels were not displayed, except for a single channel that shows foxtel. Do I have an issue with my pal tuner? at the original set up I chose the "phillips tuner" should I have gone with the "samsung"
    Oh and my telnet is not working, even though my router sees "oztivo" in the network.

Sounds like a flakey network cable or the cachecard is still not making reliable contact with the motherboard if you had to do that.

Yes you should have gone with "Samsung" tuner.

Did you use the IP address the router is reporting for the TiVo in your telnet program? IT will now be different to what you may have saved in your telnet program.
    Last edited by Darren King; 23-07-2008 at 08:19 AM.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Sounds like a flakey network cable or the cachecard is still not making reliable contact with the motherboard if you had to do that.

Yes you should have gone with "Samsung" tuner.

Did you use the IP address the router is reporting for the TiVo in your telnet program? IT will now be different to what you may have saved in your telnet program.
    I will have a look at the connections again, just in case.
    Something told me to go with samsung but I opted with phillips instead, will this solve my FTA issue?

yes I used the new IP address which i found in the messages, whats strange is that it manages to connect to the server but when I try to connect to it directly via a web browser it does not let me.

Quote Originally Posted by palmag View Post
    Something told me to go with samsung but I opted with phillips instead, will this solve my FTA issue?
    Yes

whats strange is that it manages to connect to the server but when I try to connect to it directly via a web browser it does not let me.
    Hang on, I thought you said Telnet? You are now talking about TiVoWEB. The problem you describe is most likely caused by something known as "crashcount" not being zero. There's plenty of info on how to fix this already if you do a search for the word crashcount but to make the fix you will need to gain telnet access which is definitely NOT the same as TiVoWEB.
    Darren King

Yes

Hang on, I thought you said Telnet? You are now talking about TiVoWEB. The problem you describe is most likely caused by something known as "crashcount" not being zero. There's plenty of info on how to fix this already if you do a search for the word crashcount but to make the fix you will need to gain telnet access which is definitely NOT the same as TiVoWEB.
    Darren my apologies..... I suffer from teh n00bie syndrome at the game of Tivo,
    Yes I haven't telnetted with Putty yet, I will have a go tonight, and once again so sorry for getting my terms mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by palmag View Post
    Darren my apologies..... I suffer from teh n00bie syndrome at the game of Tivo
    That's perfectly OK. We were all like that once

When you have PuTTY connected here is the post that shows what you need to do: http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...07&postcount=8

Once you have everything sorted you will be an expert like the rest of us
    Darren King

That's perfectly OK. We were all like that once

When you have PuTTY connected here is the post that shows what you need to do: http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...07&postcount=8

Once you have everything sorted you will be an expert like the rest of us

G'day Darren,

I managed to get through with putty and ran the code for the crashcount reset, now I am happy to announce I have access to tivoweb plus!

I ran the set up guide again, because last time i did'nt run the IR codes, i did it this time but I think I did it incorrectly, I still cant change foxtel channels with the tivo remote.

I really don't want to re-image my hdd again, is there another way to set up my tuner to "samsung" instead of the "phillips"?

Also, my livetv shows headings for foxtel shows, but no picture (just like FTA). I am currently on TV1 (101) and if I change channels with the fox remote it changes them to whatever I want but on the Tivo it stays on TV1, is this correct?

BTW my tivo is still indexing so I can't record anything for the 4 to 8 hrs.

The TiVo has no idea that you have manually changed the channel using the Foxtel remote, this is why the channel ID has not changed.

When using a TiVo, take the batteries out of your fox remote and put it in the cupboard. It is dangerous to leave it active as someone may change the channel while it is recording your favourite show. If someone tries this with the TiVo remote it will give a warning and the choice if they want to continue.

From memory you can change the tuner with /sbin/palmod_config

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!