Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a Thomson Tivo from the UK

The Pace unit I have is a DSR2000.

Been searching these forums, am I right in thinking there is an issue withg the Pace DSR2000 and the Thomson PVR10? I have read someone who re-installed the thomson software, went through guided set up and is now fine. Do I need to do this, or do I need Sky to come out and replace box?

Which Sky boxes work with the Thomson Tivo? Any ideas?

If you have a digital camera (or camera cellphone) these are able to 'see' the infrared light put out from your blaster or the front of your TiVo (there is an IR transmitter on the front).
    If there is a signal transmitted when you change channel the problem will probably the wrong code set if no response them this will indicate a hardware problem in th TiVo. The camera will also be able to 'see' IR from your TiVo remote.

Thanks for your line. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the camera?

I'm going to try and get the Tivo to change the channel of the Sky Pace box with the front IR. It this works, I have a faulty IR Blaster, if it doesn't then I have an issue with the right codes.

I have read up on something similar to this. Is there a solution? Any ideas please? Thank, Ian.

By camera I mean any digital camera or Video camera or cellphone with a camera if you have one of any of these.

Ref also: http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...83&postcount=2
    Last edited by Islander; 01-07-2007 at 12:44 PM.

OK just tried this and it makes sense. I placed the digital camera in front of the Tivo remote, and I can see the blue flashes of the diode on the cameras screen.

But when I placed the camera in front of the diodes of the front panel of the Tivo, and the IR blaster, I change up and down and I get nothing from either diode. The channel section of the TV changes, but the channel does not actually change.

What do you think? A bit odd not having the front panel and the ir blaster not working?...

OK I have a faulty IR Blaster, or a faulty IR Blaster connection on the board inside the Tivo unit.

I have chanegd the settings to use the IR blaster on the front of the Tivo, have tested with the digital camera, and it does change the channel OK. I have it set to 20001 medium.

Just one thing left to sort now - the time is an hour out. Any ideas how to fix this? I have Tivowebplus, which I cannot seem to change it with. I have read through and should be able to telnet the Tivo, but I am running a Mac under OSX and can't connect to it using terminal. Any ideas? I do have a PC which runs Vista, but there is no nyperterminal

Have you set up your TiVo to control your settop using IR or is it set for serial control.

This should be able to be checked\changed from the setup menu.
    Messages & Setup | Recorder & Phone Setup | Cable/Satellite Box | Control Cable/Sat.Setup Then select the source required and set the controlled with to IR.

The menu entries are from a US image. I think the menus on a UK TiVo are the same or similar.

It looks like you have found the solution whilst I was entering my last post.
    Good Luck.

Thanks for your help islander! Much appreciated.

Any thoughts on the time issue fixing with Mac OSX?