Just like to add to the thanks, it is a life-changing technology and one that will surely become more widespread soon. Although I didn't find it that easy to setup that was all due to my lack of tech know-how.

My main issue was that I was taking baby steps so tried to get the serial cable going before buying a turbonet card. First, while I was opening my serial/usb adapter (I was using a laptop) I sliced my finger trying to get through that tough plastic. (Ended up with 5 stitches but they were worth it for the Tivo). Next when I updated mdmhayes.inf I placed a copy in the same directory. Took me a couple of frustrating days to work out that Windows was still pointing to the old copy not the new file. (A sign of this happening is if you don't get the warning about not passing Windows testing when installing the modem. Should I update the Wiki with a note to reflect this for future users?)

I overcame all of these issues, eventually got a turbonet card and a second input, it's working great and I'm back in the wife's good books (I think she was sceptical of the project at first). I would never have got close without your help. Also a big thanks to Darren for doing the hardware changes, he provides an extremely useful and prompt service.

Only remaining issue is that the ACT headend does not seem to be downloading foxtel data (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1468&page=2). Currently, working around this by manually uploading and I'm sure I'll fix it soon. Also, despite my tech naivety I'm keen to help out. Would helping to update tv guide be the best way I could?

Thanks heaps,

Matt