Hi folks,

Just moved back to NZ, and while looking for a job, thought it would be a good time to get my TiVo sorted for use in Auckland. Well done to all you NZ TiVo / OzTivo folks as if I hadn't found this information before leaving for NZ, the TiVo would have been sold.....

My main question is this - I have a UK Thomson TiVo running sofware version 2.5.5, with a cachecard + RAM installed, and a single, new, 250Gb drive. With this in mind which disk image iso file should I use ?

Having seen the OzTiVo upload area, I then stumbled across the NZ section of the forums, and subsequently decided to use the Thomson specific image at this location ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install_images. However I used the version in the pre-release folder, as it had a later date (April 06 vs March 06), and didn't have "beta" in the filename.

Unfortunately it didn't work - I wasn't able to select the Thomson image for a start, but having left the swap file siz at 127Mb, it seemed to create the swap file, than gave an error after creating the file, and it was all over after less then a few minutes. Sure enough when I tried to set up the network options, the summary text file was reporting all sorts of missing files.

So after all this waffle, which is the best 1.5 image to use with a PVR10UK TiVo - the NZ specific Thomson image (beta) at the above location or OzTivo Philips, Sony or US models.

Please help.

Thanks