Hi Everyone,

As a complete novice in this area, I would like to say how much I enjoy reading the various posts on this forum. It's great to see the level of enthusiasm and depth of knowledge out there. You have taught me a lot in the last couple of months!

Just wondering if anyone can cast some light on a problem with Tytools video extraction.

I have two Phillips Series 1 units, one with a Turbonet card (T1) and the other with a Terbonet card (T2). T1 was bought from Hobotech and T2 was bought from the USA (with the Terbonet card installed by myself). Both units are running the latest Oztivo image. Both units are connected to a Netcomm router and the PC runs Windows XP with the Windows firewall activated.

I can download files from T1 using Tytools in either single or double socket mode. With T2, I can only download in single socket mode. If I try to download in double socket, it kills all network connection to the Tivo (no telnet, cannot ping, disappears from the router connected devices table) and requires a reboot.

The network cards use DHCP and have different MAC addresses and the firewall is set to allow Tytools access. Both units can get Guide data without any problems.

It's not a major issue as the single socket transfer rate is still OK at 1.3Mbps but I would like to understand why double socket transfer works for one and not the other.

I had a look at the list of processes running on both Tivos before I attempted a download and the only difference I can see is that T1 has brackets around dhclient while on T2, dhclient is running and has the -eth0 flag set. I wondered if this might have anything to do with the problem?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike