So I had been pretty happy that 2 weeks ago I had been able to setup my Tivo. I just put in the turbonet card and setup a static IP with my router gateway number and connected the wireless bridge and away I went. I even updated the time without too much problems after been directed as to what to do. But, since Thursday or so I lost connection to my tivo - no Tivo web, no telnet and my router was showing that the MAC address of the turbonet card was no longer active.
So, I checked out the wireless bridge using a notebook and it was solid. Oh, and another thing that was happening was my recording (red) light would come on but no recording was going on.
So, not having a serial cable, I took out the drive and checked my network configuration with the Oztivo install disk running and it was setup correct and unremarkable. So, I then went and re-imaged the drive (I can always replace recordings). Well, although I can see the turbonet MaC on the network it continues to say failed to connect to service (last night and this morning). Is Minnie down? And if not, do people far more knowledgable than me have any suggestions?
Other things - I also reseated the turbonet card and it also has always had the light on. Do i need to get a serial cable thingy? And will this definately tell me the problem? My hesitancy with doing this is that it worked for a period of time without issues but now not.
Any help appreciated.