Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with philips series 1 and T-Box

help with philips series 1 and T-Box

looks a little quiet here, hope im posting in the right place?

i have set up a US philips series 1 with oztivo V3 1.6.2 and a telstra T-Box as second input, & codes are working good.

but can anyone tell me before i venture into a guide redo if:

can i set the 1st input instead of analog antenna to be a digital set top box ( and i will have to change the codes to the T-Box)
    and keep the second input set as a foxtel box (which i have changed the codes to T-Box)

to clarify can i use the 1st input and the second input as the composite in of the tivo at the same time
    but with different guides eg digital fta and the foxtel channels ???

note: i have not done the seconds av input S-Video mod.

im sorta thinking no but i hope yes

also im happy to upload the TBox.tcl to the irwki but i dont have a username and password ( should i know this?)
    can anyone email these to vex@accessdigital.com.au and i will upload if anyone wants.

any help would be great thanx in advance.
    PHILIPS TiVo Series one w/160Gb, Turbonet, analogeFTA ,Telstra TBox, 1.6.2 image
    SONY TiVo Series one w/100Gb, Turbonet, analogeFTA ,foxtelSAT(its about to GO bye bye), 1.6.2 image
    Series 3 TIVOHD w/160Gb, with rip-off network pack :-(

If I am reading your request correctly you want to connect two set top boxes one connected to the S-Video input and the other on the composite video input. The problem with this is that an unmodified TiVo S1 has only one audio input.
    The dual input mod provides a second audio input that is paired with the S-Video input. In it's original configuration the S1 can be configured to have two set top boxes connected with one connected to the analogue tuner (tuner out on set top box to tuner in of TiVo) the other set top box is connected to the video input (either S-Video OR composite and the L/R audio I/P). To use the analogue tuner in this configuration it will need to the PAL tuner mod (the original US TiVo has an NTSC tuner).
    When setup with two inputs the TiVo can run both devices with a program guide for each and controls the set top devices via a dual I/R blaster. You can, of course, only record one program at a time.
    Hope this answers your questions and you are not put off by the above as IMHO the S1 is still an excellent device and well worth using.
    Last edited by Islander; 03-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.

my mistake

thanks heaps for the reply, but i had a feeling i would be miss understood.......

so to clarify.........

telstra T-Box is a FTA pvr that recieves all digital channels via rf antenna
    it also can stream foxtel,youtube and bigpond movies through bigpond fast internet.

the box can record one fta channel and you can watch another, but cant record a second nor can
    it record foxtel or youtube movies etc.

if you connect it to tv via component you get 1080i and it can also output standard sd 576i out the
    composite at the same time.

so to save money on foxtel i am trying to conect it using the old tivo after cleaning the dust off it,
    to record foxtel channels as the starter channels with bigpond is $30 a month

so that sorts out foxtel recording through tivo and fta recording via watching tv
    i just wanted to finish the whole thing with trying to make it dual record so to speak.

i would like to be able to tell the tivo use the av input as a digital box and use fta guide/channels
    and also use the same av input (cause its the same box) as a foxtel box for fox guide/channnels

from the oztivo guides i followed the irSliceCreator guide to make it work,
    does anybody know the commands to change the 1st input ir codes, or will it be the same
    cause im thinking the tivo can only use one set of codes per input(eg: foxtel box)

i hope this is a bit clearer, i know what im on about its maybe im not able to explaine it properly,
    i would love to hear if anyone has some ideas and if you need more information i will elaberate more.
    i think it will be a cool cheap setup in the end.
    thanx
    PHILIPS TiVo Series one w/160Gb, Turbonet, analogeFTA ,Telstra TBox, 1.6.2 image
    SONY TiVo Series one w/100Gb, Turbonet, analogeFTA ,foxtelSAT(its about to GO bye bye), 1.6.2 image

might have to do the second av mod

i was reading the guide for second av mod, can anyone answere some questions please

in the guide he did not solder any ground or -ve wires to the rca connectors?

is the case acting as a ground??

also if you do the s-video input can you use a composite to s-video adaptor
    like i got with my old computer video card

as i need it to be a composite in not an s-video in ???

any help would be great as i would like to know before i do it, that its gunna work.

I'll try posting this again...
    I've done a dual audio mod in the past. In the guide he is using non-insulated RCA connectors, so the case is acting as the ground 'wire'. Otherwise you will need to run a ground wire back to the motherboard.
    Once you have the mod done, the composite video input will be paired with the existing audio inputs, and the S-Video input will be paired with the new audio inputs.
    Then once you have changed the Palmod settings, and redone guided setup you TiVo will be able to record from either input (either STB) automatically.
    In your guide listings you will see the channels for both Foxtel and Telstra listed.

Yes you can use an S-video<->composite adaptor with either input.

Cheers,
    John

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    looks a little quiet here, hope im posting in the right place?
    There is only noise when someone has problems, quiet is good.

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    also im happy to upload the TBox.tcl to the irwki but i dont have a username and password ( should i know this?)
    can anyone email these to vex@accessdigital.com.au and i will upload if anyone wants.
    You can either upload it yourself by Registering here. Note there is not the option to choose Telstra, so just you another manufacturer. When you are done let me know and I will fix it up for you.

Or just attach a zip here and I'll do it for you.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

thanx for the replies guys that clears almost every thing,,, my hdd died in the old tivo so im back to square one,
    no big deal i prob should start from scratch and get it right anyway to upload a good set of codes.
    maybe more dust than i relized.......anyway

so if there is no telstra to select (which i figured) so i will select a hd box and change the codes...
    what comand do i issue like the
    dbsetx 2274/12 CableBoxCodeNum 29992
    what do i change to fix the first input???
    i figure i get it from tivo web but at monment i only have i think /12 and /13 (with analoge tuner)
    but i have not done a redo with two boxes so will that change???

thanks heaps for the help i am heaps greatfull.

also once im done i will need a few channels added to the foxtel line up......is this posible by someone???
    who do i ask nicely?? i dont need guide info, just the channnels added so i can do a manual record.

again thanks if anyone can help

Do the dual source setup first as that may give you different numbers to what you have now.

CableBoxCodeNum is whatever you used when capturing the codes.

How are the channels actually numbered using the tbox?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have added Telstra to the manufacturers list, so you can upload yourself once you are happy they are working and stable.

Peter.

looks like some people are interested? ok people, ive got it working, just got some bugs to work out and then i will post.