Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian TV Guide Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by damar View Post
    SBS Viceland has moved from ch 32 to ch 31 which is blank in the TV guide. so now I can't auto record. can anyone help me??
    In Melbourne, we have the same guide info for SBS Viceland HD and SBS Viceland (channels 31 and 32). This is what I would expect to have in your area.
    I can think of two possibilities: (1) oztivo doesn't have guide info for both channels in your area (2) your tivo might have channel settings which use a different channel 31 configuration (perhaps an old frequency or something).
    Can you tell me what area you are in? Then I can check (1) for that area. If your area doesn't have SBS Viceland HD guide info on the oztivo S3 server, then I should be able to fix that.

I have checked.......all my SBS channels are 571.5 mhz channel 32 epg still shows the Viceland programs but they are not there. channel 31 calls itself Viceland to be announced. I am in New Norfolk, Hobart Tasmania area.

I have checked.......all my SBS channels are 571.5 mhz channel 32 epg still shows the Viceland programs but they are not there. channel 31 calls itself Viceland to be announced. I am in New Norfolk, Hobart Tasmania area.
    I have had a look on the server side for Hobart and it looks okay. ID 148378615 for old Viceland (channel 32, which will become World Movies on July 1) and ID 370553369 for Viceland HD (channel 31).
    So it seems the problem is your tivo is not getting EPG for ID 370553369, or it's not associating that with channel 31.
    Do other people in Southern Tasmania (who get broadcasts from Hobart) have the same problem with guide info for channel 31?
    For you damar has guide info for channel 31 been missing for ages (months/years) but it's never really been a major problem before because you could just use channel 32 and ignore 31?

If I have some spare time, I'll have a look around the forums for how you can dump channel info from your tivo so you can try that and see if it is using a different ID for channel 31 or something. (I've got people to dump channel info from their tivos before when looking for missing channels in some regions, but I don't remember how to do it now.) Maybe even try playing with deleting the channel and/or adding a channel on my test tivo.

Anyway, I have made some changes today (in 12 regions across Australia, not just for Hobart/S.Tas) which will hopefully mean we start getting guide info for SBS World Movies on channel 32 (for showings from July 1 onwards) in the next day or two (fingers crossed).
    Until today, channel 31 and 32 have had duplicate guide info (for Viceland and Viceland HD). Soon there should be different guide info on those channels (for July 1 onwards), hopefully.
    But I haven't tried to change the channel name or logo that appears on the tivo for channel 32, so I still expect the tivo to call it SBS VICELA, even though it is (will be) really SBS World Movies now/soon.

I haven't had my Tivo for very long.......channel 31 has always been "to be announced" it is called Viceland. channel 32 is now called Movie channel, but it still has the Viceland epg and when my auto recordings come on they are just movie channel adverts. I did a new channel scan and have Viceland on channel 372 and Movies on 368, but the epg says "to be announced". If I type channel 31 or 372 into Freeview, I get Viceland on screen and I can manually record

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    I have had a look on the server side for Hobart and it looks okay. ID 148378615 for old Viceland (channel 32, which will become World Movies on July 1) and ID 370553369 for Viceland HD (channel 31).
    So it seems the problem is your tivo is not getting EPG for ID 370553369, or it's not associating that with channel 31.
    If I have some spare time, I'll have a look around the forums for how you can dump channel info from your tivo so you can try that and see if it is using a different ID for channel 31 or something.
    The command to dump channel info that I was thinking of is:
    Code:
    /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl
    In order to run a command like that you need to first get a shell on your tivo using ssh or telnet, for example:
    https://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/vie...lnetToYourTiVo
    Or you could use putty to ssh (with port 22 instead of port 23).

I haven't had my Tivo for very long.......channel 31 has always been "to be announced" it is called Viceland. channel 32 is now called Movie channel, but it still has the Viceland epg and when my auto recordings come on they are just movie channel adverts. I did a new channel scan and have Viceland on channel 372 and Movies on 368, but the epg says "to be announced". If I type channel 31 or 372 into Freeview, I get Viceland on screen and I can manually record
    If you set up season passes for channel 32, then you will need to set up new season passes for channel 31 to replace those (add a new season pass on 31, delete old season pass on 32). This happens generally when a channel moves (you have to set up season passes again). The unfortunate part for you is you don't have guide info on channel 31 at the moment, so you can't set up a new season pass until you do.

You should see by now that the guide info on channel 32 has World Movies as from July 1. On my tivos there is a strange mixture of Viceland and World Movies in guide info for channel 32 for June 28-30.

I downloaded putty and typed in the command, it got a list of stations including 31 Viceland and 32 movie channel. I did a epg download on my Tivo but it is just the same. both of those channels are still empty. when the dos list came up, did I have to type in another command? I tried putty to ssh but it didn't work out at all.

When I try station_debug.tcl on a tivo in Melbourne, I get :-
    07/02:07:43:10: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: Channel:31, Name:{SBS VICELA}, TransportID:784
    07/02:07:43:10: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: /StationTms/10007220:3c2480 /Server/370553370
    07/02:07:43:10: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: Channel:32, Name:{SBS World Movies}, TransportID:784
    07/02:07:43:10: /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl: /StationTms/10001502:1ca2 /Server/114792909

Could you try copying & pasting the equivalent lines from running it your tivo?
    (That is the lines that say Channel:31 and Channel:32 and the line after each one.)

In Melbourne, I could see guide info on Channel 32 when I looked over the weekend (at what was showing for July 1-3), but the guide data disappeared on July 1. Which I think is the same time the channel name changed (I didn't do that either on the server end or the tivo box end).
    I don't know why channel 32 guide info stopped working on July 1, but I presume its something to do with SBS using that channel for World Movies instead of the old Viceland SD, and I presume it affects all of Australia since July 1.

I am looking for feedback on whether other (Southern) Tasmanians have guide data for channel 31 Viceland or not.

In Melbourne, ... channel 32 guide info stopped working on July 1...
    I am still working this problem. I tried doing Delete Channel on 32 (World Movies, with no guide info) and then a Channel Scan. That worked in terms of re-adding channel 32 (and apparently not changing anything else), but it doesn't seem to have helped with guide info, although it's possible things might improve with tomorrow's tivo service connection (when that tivo gets new guide data from the mothership emulator/server). I'll let you know if it starts working tomorrow.

I found out that SBS are using a different SID for World Movies (channel 32) in July than was used for the old Viceland (channel 32) in late June. I'm not sure yet whether that explains why we are not seeing guide data on World Movies, but at least I have a rough idea of what I could do if that was the only problem (although I don't think I've successfully changed that sort of head-end stuff before). This might take a while to sort out, but at least I have an idea of something to try.

I am looking for feedback on whether other (Southern) Tasmanians have guide data for channel 31 Viceland or not.
    I got feedback from another Southern Tasmanian that he does see guide data for 31 Viceland, so it looks like it is not a systemic problem for all of Southern Tasmania.

thankyou for your efforts. I put the Prom in myself and following the Oztivo instructions, downloaded and sucessfully installed the software. should I try downloading and reinstalling on top of my original? or is there a different set of newer downloads? I have tivo installer 0.6