Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: audiofix

Quote Originally Posted by xga View Post
    I thought that the extended end time only applied to live programming events e.g. sport. Is this not the case?
    No - you can extend the end time of any scheduled recording regardless of the TV EPG value.

You can also schedule a manual recording for several hours.

I used both of those methods but no longer have TiVos so I can't accurately describe the menu paths etc.

Have moved to FetchTV Mightys - better now than TiVo but they do lack the excellent TiVo Wishlist functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by xga View Post
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue, except on SBS Viceland 31 HD of which there isn't a 2nd SD channel anymore so I can't record the second program on another channel. Matt, if you're reading this, do you know if it can be fixed from a technical standpoint?
    Hi,

It is probably fixable. Not sure when/if I'll get the time/enthusiasm to look at it though. I wrote the script because I still use my TiVos and the sound problem made a number of stations unwatchable. I released it because I thought it would be of use to others. it has now been rolled out to over 300 TiVos.

There are problems with the guide data, which I know people haved asked about. It's an issue for me too, but I don't have the time/knowledge to fix it. It wasn't something I worked on originally and altough I have looked into fixing the data for a couple of channels, I don't know exactly what needs to be done and don't want to break what is already there. So I have left it alone.

Unfortunately, it seems that most of the community of developers that worked to get the original mods together have moved on to other things.

Matt

Auto update for all Australian TiVos

Hi,

I've updated the Tivo Server software so that it can send out the audiofix to all Australian Tivos without anyone needing to request it. This will mean that most people in Australia will get the audiofix update without needing to ask me for it. The fix is already running on over 300 Tivos with minimal issues, so I think it's pretty safe to do this now.

I'll leave this here for a few days to see if anyone has any good reasons for me not to do this.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    Hi,

I've updated the Tivo Server software so that it can send out the audiofix to all Australian Tivos without anyone needing to request it. This will mean that most people in Australia will get the audiofix update without needing to ask me for it. The fix is already running on over 300 Tivos with minimal issues, so I think it's pretty safe to do this now.

I'll leave this here for a few days to see if anyone has any good reasons for me not to do this.

Matt
    This has now been enabled. All TiVos configured for an Australian lineup should get the fix overnight

Matt

Hi MattCallow, just wanted to say a big thank you for fixing my TiVo's sound issues.
    Great to be able to watch ABC news on channel 24 again.
    And thank you for doing it automatically- a very welcome surprise.
    Charmaine

Quote Originally Posted by Charmaine View Post
    Hi MattCallow, just wanted to say a big thank you for fixing my TiVo's sound issues.
    Great to be able to watch ABC news on channel 24 again.
    And thank you for doing it automatically- a very welcome surprise.
    Charmaine
    You are most welcome. Glad it is working for you.

Matt

Hi everyone. I have the audiofix installed and it works perfectly on abc and sbs, but am finding I get the nasty noises on 7flix now. I?m in central vic so this is channel 65. Seems that be only the one audio channel and it?s greyed out. I can?t watch any of my recordings from this channel and my dog gets very distressed if I turn it on. Is there anything that can be done to fix it? TIA.

I have the same problem with flix in fsnsw. I have turned the channel off.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmGirlOz View Post
    Hi everyone. I have the audiofix installed and it works perfectly on abc and sbs, but am finding I get the nasty noises on 7flix now. I?m in central vic so this is channel 65. Seems that be only the one audio channel and it?s greyed out. I can?t watch any of my recordings from this channel and my dog gets very distressed if I turn it on. Is there anything that can be done to fix it? TIA.
    Audiofix can't allow the Tivo to decode new audio formats. It can only change the audio format to one that the TiVo understands. If a channel does not transmit audio that the Tivo can understand, then I don't think there is anything we can do.

Matt

Oh dear that is no good! I was hoping someone would be able to help. I will have to turn the channel off then.