Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: audiofix

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    There are a few reports that problems remain in channels 78 and 36.
    I don't know what channel 36 is, but 78 is the racing channel. It looks like it only broadcasts a single audio stream, and the Tivo cannot decode it. So I don't think that will be fixable.

Matt
    Hi Matt, Racing.com (78) is AAC (I think?) only with respect to newer MPEG encoding at head end and newer TVs. Not much bandwidth allocated to the spectrum either.

Manual update worked fine. I have never telnet-ted to the TiVo before. Easier that I thought it would be. Thanks.

Mine also worked fine. Thanks Matt!

Thanks Matt for doing the autoupdate for two of our Tivos. Unfortunately one didn't work and the 3rd (families) was not auto update enabled. So I need to do the manual update for these. I'm wondering if anyone can run through how exactly to do that, ha,ha...I have never used used telnet client to access. I have the telnet client enabled (windows 10) but not 100% sure how to from there. open but not 100% on how to go about accessing. I have the code given on page 2 of this thread, but unsure if I first need to log into Tivo via the telnet client and then do the cd /tmp ??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivslb2 View Post
    ... unsure if I first need to log into Tivo via the telnet client and then do the cd /tmp ?? ...
    I no longer have any TiVos (gave to rellies and Matt auto-updated them - again many thanks ).

Anyway I *think* this is the procedure ...

1) Get the current IP address of your TiVo by going to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Network and note the IP Address listed under "Network connection details" - OR - check your router's list of "Attached Devices".

2) Open a Windows Command Prompt or PowerShell.

3) Type: telnet x.x.x.x (replace x's with the IP address found in step 1).

4) Type: the commands listed by Matt on page 2.

Thanks Matt mine now working fine.
    Regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by boritz View Post
    I no longer have any TiVos (gave to rellies and Matt auto-updated them - again many thanks ).

Anyway I *think* this is the procedure ...

1) Get the current IP address of your TiVo by going to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Network and note the IP Address listed under "Network connection details" - OR - check your router's list of "Attached Devices".

2) Open a Windows Command Prompt or PowerShell.

3) Type: telnet x.x.x.x (replace x's with the IP address found in step 1).

4) Type: the commands listed by Matt on page 2.
    Thanks so much for that. I'll give that a go.

@matt, I have emailed a request and hope it doesn't end up in your spam folder

I've now scheduled updates for 166 TiVos. Of thoese, 117 have been updated, the rest should be updated overnight. I have actioned all the email requests I have to date. So if you haven't had a reply from me, please re-send the request.
    Also, several people have asked about the guide data. This fix does nothing to improve that, and it's not something that I am really able to fix. I haven't had much involvment with that side of the system. All can suggest is that you create another thread on this form to discuss it and maybe someone will be able to take a look at it.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    I've now scheduled updates for 166 TiVos. Of thoese, 117 have been updated, the rest should be updated overnight. I have actioned all the email requests I have to date. So if you haven't had a reply from me, please re-send the request.
    Also, several people have asked about the guide data. This fix does nothing to improve that, and it's not something that I am really able to fix. I haven't had much involvment with that side of the system. All can suggest is that you create another thread on this form to discuss it and maybe someone will be able to take a look at it.

Matt
    Hi Matt

I have a message on my Tivo for a audio fix, does that mean it will update automatically?
    It hasn't as yet.

Thanks