Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TIVOWebPlus not starting

I'm having the same issue. When I try to manually start TivoWebPlus I get this msg;

Warning: The last few sessions did not complete successfully
    We may be in a reboot loop... abort

If I follow the previous instructions in this thread (echo 0 > /hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/CrashCount then restart) TivoWebPlus does start up but next day is not working again.

I am automatically power resetting the Tivo everyday (as I have occasional freeze issues). Would this be causing the crash count to increase thereby stopping TivoWeb from starting?

As Thomson said in the previous post, he has fixed the crash count issue. Just update to the latest version.

download the new file from Thomson's googlepages then use the update feature in the 'more' menu of TWP to upgrade it.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Peter, I did do this last week when the solution was posted but am willing to try again.

Check /var/tivoweb.log after trying to start TWP and see what errors are shown, and to confirm you are starting the right version.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
    This issue was fixed a few revisions ago, new distributions of TWP v1.3.1 can be found at http://beam.to/TWP

I am running V1.3.1 had the problem and the echo 0 > /hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/CrashCount command fixed it.

Unfortunately Thomson doesn't bump his version numbers very often.

The v1.3.1 title has been used for around 6 months now. but there have been 20-30 releases since then. Each with small bugfixes and minor enhancements.

From memory the crashcount issue was fixed in one of the late Dec/Early Jan releases. There have been 3-4 more releases since that time. The current release is 3rd of Feb.

Check your info window in TWP for the date of your current release. If it is before mid January you may still have crashcount issues.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Unfortunately Thomson doesn't bump his version numbers very often.
    Yeah... decided that it would be better to just increase the version number when new functionality was added. Although the real reason was that there were a few months where I was updating the package just about every night (which is why I ended up going with a "dated" version number in the YYMMDD format)... and bumping the version number means we would have been up to v16+ by now

Could be bumped to 1.3.450 Just use the last set of numbers as a build number. No limit to the number of digits used till your ready to go to 1.4

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    up to v16+ by now
    Call the next version vista

Maybe the CrashCount file shows a figure greater than zero which can cause TiVoWEB+ not to start.

Try entering this command from a telnet session:

echo 0 > /hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/CrashCount

That should reset CrashCount back to zero. Then reboot the TiVo and see what happens.
    Darren King.
    Yet again you have saved me.
    I would never have worked this out.
    This was happening on a oztivo I set up for some friends, and I just could not work it out (although the error Paraphrase ".. won't start.. maybe in a reboot loop.." was a hint.
    You deserve a medal for your efforts.
    Thanks mate
    R.
    Series 1 TiVo from eksys. 200 GB Seagate HDD. Cachecard + 256MB RAM. ozTiVo . Pace Digital Cable box