Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: audiofix

Quote Originally Posted by morgan85 View Post
    Hi Matt

I have a message on my Tivo for a audio fix, does that mean it will update automatically?
    It hasn't as yet.

Thanks
    You need to request the update. Please refer to post #8 for instructions

Thanks Matt. Another happy customer here: updated overnight and all works fine on 24 and 3!

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    I've now scheduled updates for 166 TiVos. Of thoese, 117 have been updated, the rest should be updated overnight. I have actioned all the email requests I have to date. So if you haven't had a reply from me, please re-send the request.
    Also, several people have asked about the guide data. This fix does nothing to improve that, and it's not something that I am really able to fix. I haven't had much involvment with that side of the system. All can suggest is that you create another thread on this form to discuss it and maybe someone will be able to take a look at it.

Matt
    Hi Matt, thanks for the fix, which worked for me, no more crackles. Unrelated issue is that SBS Movie channel seems to have disappeared but, as advised, I'll raise it on another thread.

cheers

Ewan

Only just saw this! As the maintainer of 4 tivos, the WAF will once again be achieved, while her, along with the family will once again not look at me with disdain when the squeaking starts.
    Posted 2 of the 4 TSN's and looking forward to the updates.
    Appreciated more than you can imagine. Thanks guys.

Fix has been applied to over 200 TiVos now.
    I'll probably keep the email address working till the end of march, so if you know anyone else with a TiVo, let them know!
    It has been mentioned a few times that I should just push it out to all TiVos. I have considered this. What do people think? Is the problem Australia wide, or limited to certain regions? I don't think it's a problem in NZ

Matt

I’d prefer some way of keeping the fix “on demand” some way. I’m still receiving unmodded TiVo’s for conversion believe it or not!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by MattCallow View Post
    Fix has been applied to over 200 TiVos now.
    I'll probably keep the email address working till the end of march, so if you know anyone else with a TiVo, let them know!
    It has been mentioned a few times that I should just push it out to all TiVos. I have considered this. What do people think? Is the problem Australia wide, or limited to certain regions? I don't think it's a problem in NZ

Matt
    Once again I want to say thanks Matt, as well as all others who keep our devices going. They are clearly well loved devices.

A question if I may...
    I have one device remaining for the update (which also has the squeak) at a holiday house, which is powered down when nobody is there.
    When I get the number required over the next few weeks, it may not be powered on long enough for the update to come through.
    How long will the update sit pending for the device after pushed by Matt?

Thanks Matt, the audio patch has fixed two of my ozTiVio's. The sound is now perfect.

A family member has a ozTivo that the audio patch can't be updated automatically. I have been told to use command line access to manually run audio patch. I will try Putty (first time with Putty)
    Any advice on Putty and will be gladly excepted.

audiofix

Hi Matt,

I successfully used Putty to manually apply the audio fix code, to that ozTivo that would not automatically update.

Two items to note

1/ The Tivo did not have any DNS set in the network settings. (it does now, I set both primary DNS and secondary DNS before using Putty to connect to Tivo)

2/ The prompt on the Putty screen was S3-tivo/hack $ which is different to what is shown in the Putty forum.

Putty prompt.jpg

Thanks for your help , and great work.

Richie
    Last edited by Richie3971; 10-03-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Hi Matt and everyone. Thanks so much for all your work in keeping oztivos running for us.

Am wondering if anyone else is seeing a couple of problems possibly related to the audiofix patch?

1) Am seeing a couple of times a week programs recorded with no sound at all.
    Tonight it was the second half of Michael Palin in North Korea on SBS HD. Mainly watch SBS and ABC HD primary channels here, and am suspecting something to do with subsequent programs on the same channel not triggering the audio channel selection - perhaps? Details of this instance now attached.
    20:30 = 0930GMT - began recording Palin Part 2 on Tuner 0 whilst continuing 5-min end-padding of Palin Part 1 Tuner 1 (both have sound)
    20:35 = 0935GMT - stopped recording Palin Part 1 on Tuner 1 (sound ceased on Tuner 0 for rest of recording)
    oztivo logs - no sound problem.zip

2) The TiVo seems to be silently resetting/rebooting a couple of times a week now - evidenced by loss of the clock display we manually activate.
    Strangely the logs show this often (but not always) happens at about the same time - within a few seconds anyway. Don't recall having to reactivate the clock ever (except for power failure) before the audiofix - so seem related but not necessary causal!
    logs back to May-2020 show no fatal errors until 16-FEB-21. audiofix applied 15-FEB-21. Seems to have rebooted 17 times since then.
    oztivo logs - rebooting.zip

Both problems are easily lived with, but with a stock setup (thanks Darren King) I'd guess others might be experiencing similar, but so far don't see it reported. Very happy to do more research - anything to help.

Thanks again, Andrew
    Last edited by piersoar; 15-03-2021 at 11:25 AM. Reason: adding log details