Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has something happened to Orac (Guide)?

Has something happened to Orac (Guide)?

Hi all,

For the last wee while I've been able to load guide date via:
    wget http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/slice/nztivo.slice

or
    wget http://orac.caffeine.co.nz:8000/slice/nztivo.slice

but are only getting a single byte "^C" sent back.

Anyone else seeing this or got some advice for me .... please.

ta.

I've taken a quick look at the source location, looks like jaidev's last slice is only 1 byte long.

1911991 Mar 11 14:39 nzdev.slice
    1 Mar 10 12:49 nztivo.slice

Suggest either moving to the dev slice ... or the emulator.

The new emulator on port 8000 should handle most configurations now, making loadguiding releatively depreciated.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

The main reason I do the load guide is that running through the GS and then to orac via tclient.conf is that it dies at 10% index.

Any thoughts??

I've reset, GS, FTA (no sky etc) and AK.

My immediate thought is that the failing at X% problem is excactly the issue when you have incompatible headend stuff in the tivo. (eg old legacy or manual setups)

I suspect you have not done a clear and delete everything before trying to move to the emulator.

To move to port 8000, you would need to clear and delete everything first.

This may not be an option, but once done it is done. Now if that fails I'd be interested to know.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

The steps I've gone through were to go to the options, run through the clear and delete option. ( I checked, there was no channel list (no channels to select). Then tclient.conf looks like
    127::210.48.107.133:8000:::

I tried both the 02113, 02117 codes for AK FTA with little or no joy.

So I went back to loading manually a AK slice and trying to load guide.

Do you think its worthwhile to reset again and try the GS. (Umm If i remember right the GS from the options screen failed and I had to bootpage the GS). I suppose my only reservation with a full reimage is that tha Sony Tivo has been pal modded, and want to make sure that the image is ok.

thoughts???

A clear and delete everything should be sufficient.

My main thought is that FTA headends are postcode 02112.

So you need to use that postcode, refer to the main setup post here.

I use a palmod'ed tivo through the emulator with FTA running and also have Sky as well, dual input and it works great. But anything to do with FTA is postcode 02112.

We dont have an 02117 headend. Your alternative remains to load the nzdev.slice
    Last edited by DJC; 11-03-2006 at 07:07 PM.

OK, I'll give it a go ... although my nervousness still means I'll swap out the HDD first .

I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW if I stay with the nzdev.slice, any advice on where to get a feed from then.

The guide slice is in the same location as the nztivo.slice, just change the name to nzdev.slice

Good Luck.

Yep sorry had some issues with the source, however should be ok now... However those guide slice files nztivo.slice is now depreciated and still provided to legacy users who don't communicate via this forum, are uncontactable etc..

It is recommended you move to the Orac emulator as that is now the supported guide data method.

Jaidev
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Been having some grief moving to Orac

Hi,

I've been trying to move to the emulator and can't seem to get past 'Failed while preparing data' at ~10% load. I've checked for time warp and don't seem to have it, also had a look in http://logs/tvlog and no error seem to be showing.

Any thoughts?

cheers