Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to be just what I want..........only problem is I don't know how to add files to Tivo! Limits of my current ability are modifying emulator port via Putty and sorting out the occasional warped clock issue. How do I go about 'swapping' endpadplus for the current version of endpad? Simple, step by step instructions for the hard of thinking please!

Quote Originally Posted by tonys
    Sounds to be just what I want..........only problem is I don't know how to add files to Tivo!
    It's never too late to learn You need to have a look at getting an FTP Client (I use FileZilla). Then you should be able to transfer the files from your desktop to the Tivo. Once that is done you will just need to alter one of the startup scripts (either /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author) so that it runs "endpad -s 5 -e 15 -n 2" instead of "endpadplus". There is a whole bunch of information on the Wiki. Most packages (including endpad) also come with a README file that will give you a lot of information about the utility, and usually how to install it.