Thread: Gonna try the new nz image this weekend

Gonna try the new nz image this weekend

Hi all...Ive been mucking around so much with the tivo unit and trying out hacks and learnig heaps but stuffing up heaps too throught I better clean slate it so gonna re-image this weekend with the nz image and use 8000 will let ya know how i get on.

Thanks to all the guys that have made this possible in nz its awesome!!!!

couldn't wait lol

couldn't wait and did it striaght after writing previous message.
    No problems whatso ever nice clean install

nice!!!

I'm still running 1.3. What are the advantages of upgrading if I don't use FTA?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted
    I'm still running 1.3. What are the advantages of upgrading if I don't use FTA?
    Its based on oztivo 1.5; so the image changes between 1.3 and now are incorporatesd-- probably no significant advantage, particularly if it is working ok for you now.

However, moving to port 8000 on the new image means you are on the latest revisions of headends, logo slices, blah blah blah.
    Last edited by DJC; 04-03-2006 at 08:50 AM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Well, decided it was time to reimage and start my tivo from scratch. Nothing in particular just an awareness that my image was old and nothing of significance was left on tivo. (although i always had trouble getting slices from emulator when I ran out of guide data..just made sure i never did)

The latest image is an absolute delight with the added bonus that my cachecard memory now works, I always suspected i had a dodgy driver on my original install 2 1/2 years back but was just happy the card was working.
    When I think of the many hours I spent setting up the first time and now its just 15min work!

Had no problem GS against 8000 port

Thanks for all the excellent work put into this image it is much appreciated

Wayne
    Last edited by wbeasley; 27-03-2006 at 10:18 PM.