Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Emulator 2

Hi,
    Yes, I've been running on the emulator for 3 weeks now. The only thing I can think of, is I had it running once when I first got my tivo with non-emulator settings, then saw that from this thread that an emulator was available, made the change to tclient and re-ran the GS. I have the opportunity to do a fresh build in the next few days, with the emulator from the start - and will see if I have success this time.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    heh that was from my faq, maybe not that descriptive enuf. But that faq is old granted, just wanted to prove a point, haha anyway.
    Touche - yes it was there. Yes I do think it was descriptive enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    u got there tho eh
    Well almost, now all my 'To Do List' entries show 'None Scheduled' where the next date/time is supposed to be. The associated season passes tell me about the upcoming episodes but they don't get recorded. In fact each entry even says "This episode will not be recorded".

Still having fun tho'... I think.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

This my first posting so hello all!

I recently brought my UK Tivo (2.5.5) back to NZ and set it up per the instructions and have been successfully downloading guide data using loadguide. Obviously having issues with UKTV and others so decided today to try and connect to the emulator.

Does the emulator work with 2.5.5?

I have changed the tclient.conf file to point to the NZ emulator and then rerun my guided setup. It does not ask me anywhere like the same number of questions as it obviously does for the US model.

I get asked / I reply:

Program Source: Aerial & Digital Satellite
    Post Code: 02113

It then performs the set up call - it connects, downloads and indexes (very quickly, takes about 3 mins).

Then after pressing select I get the message:

"No service providers were found in your Postal Code. Please try the Postal Code of a neighbouring community that has a service provider".

It the takes me back to the Post Code page.

Not sure what to do now. If the emulator does not work for the UK models then can someone please tell me what I need to change the tclient.conf file address back to (oops, I forgot to write the old one down before I changed it).

Many thanks!!
    Thomson UK TiVo
    Software US 3.0
    Philips Television
    Purchased first day they went on sale in UK
    Now living in Auckland, New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by enzuk
    This my first posting so hello all!

I recently brought my UK Tivo (2.5.5) back to NZ and set it up per the instructions and have been successfully downloading guide data using loadguide. Obviously having issues with UKTV and others so decided today to try and connect to the emulator.

Does the emulator work with 2.5.5?

I have changed the tclient.conf file to point to the NZ emulator and then rerun my guided setup. It does not ask me anywhere like the same number of questions as it obviously does for the US model.

I get asked / I reply:

Program Source: Aerial & Digital Satellite
    Post Code: 02113

It then performs the set up call - it connects, downloads and indexes (very quickly, takes about 3 mins).

Then after pressing select I get the message:

"No service providers were found in your Postal Code. Please try the Postal Code of a neighbouring community that has a service provider".

It the takes me back to the Post Code page.

Not sure what to do now. If the emulator does not work for the UK models then can someone please tell me what I need to change the tclient.conf file address back to (oops, I forgot to write the old one down before I changed it).

Many thanks!!
    I could be wrong, but are you using the original image on the drive that came with the TiVo? Perhaps you could try the latest image (vers 3.0) ?

Mmm a UK tivo. Your internal Tuner probably works over here too doesn't it?
    *dribble*

Quote Originally Posted by zollymonsta
    I could be wrong, but are you using the original image on the drive that came with the TiVo? Perhaps you could try the latest image (vers 3.0) ?

Mmm a UK tivo. Your internal Tuner probably works over here too doesn't it?
    *dribble*

I took the OzTiVo 2.5 image. Don't think I can put the 3.0 image on a UK machine.

Internal tuner may indeed work, but as I don't have a decent aerial, it doesn't!

Anyone else have an answer?
    Thomson UK TiVo
    Software US 3.0
    Philips Television
    Purchased first day they went on sale in UK
    Now living in Auckland, New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by enzuk
    I took the OzTiVo 2.5 image. Don't think I can put the 3.0 image on a UK machine.
    It is possible to put the 3.0 image onto a UK system. The palmod module would need to be removed and replaced with the ukchan module. Information on this can be found under the Minnie website.

I have a UK unit and have stuck with the v2.5.5 image, I have no idea if it is possible to get the emulator working with it... as I have never tried... and am a little behind the times with the whole broadband-at-home phenomena

There could be a problem with the PostalCode lookup as the v2.5.5 schema stores this under /Setup, whereas the v3.0 schema stores it under /Setup/LocationConfig. Somebody has also mentioned on the mailing list that "There are some issues with versions before 3.0 due to the fact that it will want to dialup and connect using the modem."... so it could be that you will need to load the v3.0 image in order to get the emulator working.

Not sure if it will help any, but the following (get_postalcode.tcl) script will display the PostalCode that is stored within the database:

Code:
    #!/tvbin/tivosh
    set db [dbopen]
    RetryTransaction {
       set swsystem [db $db open /SwSystem/ACTIVE]
       set tivoswversion [dbobj $swsystem get Name]
       set setup [db $db open /Setup]

if {[PrefixMatches "2.5.5" $::tivoswversion]} {
          set uktivo 1
       } else {
          set uktivo 0
       }
    }
    RetryTransaction {
      if {$::uktivo} {
        set lconfig  [db $db open /Setup]
        set postcode [dbobj $lconfig get PostalCode]
      } else {
        set lconfig  [db $db open /State/LocationConfig]
        set postcode [dbobj $lconfig get PostalCode]
      }
    }
    dbclose $db
    RetryTransaction {
      puts stdout "$postcode"
    }

new tivo setup 'problem'

Imaged a new drive using latest oztivo image.

I also get the following message:

edit: not a total noob.. done this a few time before with no problems at all, and yes i'm usiing the 1.3 image.. have reimaged twice now.. and triple checked the IP that points to ed's emulator. All check out OK.
    US Series 1 Philips TiVo
    nzTiVo-Philips-Installer.img
    200Gb HDD 8Mb Cache, Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland
    Hacks: TyServer, Manual Record & TivoTitle, TiVoX 1.5

Oddness.

You could try using zip 02114 (I set that up as a tester). It might work, though I'd say you'd be better off sticking with 02113, as 02114 is only used by me and will probably go away the next time I nuke my Tivo.

It does feel more like the machine isn't talking to the right emulator though. Can you do some sort of tcpdump or otherwise packet trace to see where it's going? Alternatively, if you can get the TCDID for me I can dig through server logs and look for it. Telling roughly what time you connected would also help.

How to find the TCDID:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/ozt...st/017052.html

thanks for the reply ed.. will try tonight and get back to you.
    US Series 1 Philips TiVo

ran guided setup again.. and it worked.. confused.. but happy
    US Series 1 Philips TiVo