Thread: Foxtel Digital Cable Channel Change IR

Foxtel Digital Cable Channel Change IR

Hey Guys,

I have just setup my first TiVo and having lots of fun with it but one thing I have noticed is that when I use the Channel Up/Down button on the TiVo remote to change the channel on the Foxtel Digital Cable box it sends the actual IR button sequence code not the up or down channel change IR code.

This results in the channel change being quiet slow.

For example:

I am on channel 102 on Foxtel Digital and then press the Channel UP button on the TiVo remote it sends the code 1 then 0 then 3 and then the channel changes, this results in quiet a long time for the channel to change on the Foxtel box and show.

Is it possible to actually program the TiVo remote to use the actual IR code for channel up not send the 1,0,3 button sequence?

This would speed up channel surfing and make the TiVo channel changes pretty transparent.

But then what happens if it drops a channel change for some reason as it sometimes is known to do? Then your channels will be out of sync with the guide data......

And I don't think it is possible anyhow. There is still quite a great deal of the core TiVo operating system we cannot change.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by reni10
    Is it possible to actually program the TiVo remote to use the actual IR code for channel up not send the 1,0,3 button sequence?
    Unfortunately, no.

But now you have TiVo, you should never need to channel surf as you will always have something recorded to watch. Your viewing habits will slowly change.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi All

New to this forum so not too sure how it works or where I should post this query, received my TiVo yesterday and got it up and running in no time and is working extremely well, my question is about the remote, I cannot get it to work on either one of my TV's. Have tried all the forum suggestions as well as US TiVO site but still cannot get it to control the TV, has anybody else had this problem?

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

In future if you have a new question, just start a new thread with the relevent topic name. Or if you see a current thread with the same topic it may be appropiate add your post there.

From you your post it is a little hard to know exactly what you have tried, as there are multiple entries relating to remote usage in the places you mention.

But, assuming you have looked through the lists of known devices and have not found a match, and tried the 0999 code to run through the entire database, then your out of luck and the remote won't control your set fully.

That said, if you are bored/persistant you could try each code, and you may find one that does control the volume, but not the power.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!