Thread: Tivo Interface

Tivo Interface

Is any work being done on changing the interface of the Tivo itself (or is this impossible)? I would love to see threading of episodes for example.

Phil

Near impossible, unless you know MFS internals..
    Version 4.0 of the TiVo software has folders, and the newer versions episode grouping, all this only available on Series 2+ units.. which don't work here..

There is a tivoweb module that allows you to sort the now playing list into folders etc however only visible in tivoweb..

The only sort options you have on the Now Playing list is a code, I don't think you need backdoors to work this..
    press the following on your remote..

(S)low, Zer(O), (R)ecord, (T)humbs up (Spells SORT :P )

A ribbon appears at the bottom of the screen, which gives you three different Sort options.

There is also a script hack which allows you to change the recoding date/time on the now playing list thus reordering the list, more of an advance thing as there is no tivoweb module for it.. Do a search for it..
    Last edited by jaidev; 20-02-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by dyrplq
    Is any work being done on changing the interface of the Tivo itself (or is this impossible)?
    Practically impossible. The guts of the TiVo interface is the tivoapp binary. This is a binary of which no source code is available and reverse engineering it would be a little against the grain (illegal). Essentially you would have to rewrite the complete interface from scratch - a very large job for no pay... not something that anyone is ever likely to do.

Yeh

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    Practically impossible. The guts of the TiVo interface is the tivoapp binary. This is a binary of which no source code is available and reverse engineering it would be a little against the grain (illegal). Essentially you would have to rewrite the complete interface from scratch - a very large job for no pay... not something that anyone is ever likely to do.
    I figured as much. I really just wanted to group or at least sort the Now Playing view and I've discovered how to do that via a back door code so all is well in Tivo land