Hi There, I recently purchased a hdr112 Tivo with a turbonet card from the States. To accompany this I bought a 250GB Seagate Hdd locally here in NZ.

Following the guides on the website I have managed to create a boot cd and succesfully run linux. As I follow the guides all seems well, until I put the Hdd into the actual tivo. All I get is the tivo boot screen that I get even without the Hdd in. The hdd is set to master and is actually spinning but will not come up to the guided setup stage. When imaging thge hdd it stated that is was imaged successfully but im not so sure. Is there a way I can test this without using my tivo? I think possibly the hdd may need unlocking or something similar.

After this problem I tried a much smaller 4GB seagate drive and installed the image on to this. When I put this into the tivo I can hear the hdd being accessed and after about 30 seconds the original "please wait" sceen is replaced by a sheer white screen. I have tried 2 image releases and still the same problem.

If anyone could help or give me any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated as It is very frustrating stumbling at the very first hurdle.

Thanks in advance, Matt