Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stream Live Video To Windows

Stream Live Video To Windows

Hi,

I wish to be able to stream live TV from my TiVo to a Windows PC.

From all the research I've done it's possible using MPlayer & vserver.
    http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/

Has anyone found a successful solution for Windows?

Cheers

Hi, my TivoWebPlus Fix contains a module which allows streaming of LiveTV.

It also contains some other fixes which are useful for TiVoWebPlus such as correcting the TiVo's IP which is often sent through as 0.0.0.0 when using TiVoWebPlus streaming.

Hi,

Am I right in saying that the image on my TiVo doesn't have TiVoWebPlus?
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/images/onselen/iso/

If I install TiVoWebPlus, what affect will this have on my current config? Do you have any links for a tutorial that I can use for a successful install & config?

Do you have a link for TiVoWebPlus Fix, I'm having trouble finding it within all those threads from the forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by no1bossman
    Am I right in saying that the image on my TiVo doesn't have TiVoWebPlus?
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/images/onselen/iso/
    Correct, that image only contains TiVoWeb.

If I install TiVoWebPlus, what affect will this have on my current config? Do you have any links for a tutorial that I can use for a successful install & config?
    The "OzTivo Install" guide explains what steps you could take to install TiVoWebPlus if using the OzTivo image and a new install. The only steps you really need to do when looking at the guide are the changes to "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author" as well as uncompress the "TivoZA.tar.gz" (TivoZA stuff) file, it's pretty similar when performing the install via telnet.

Do you have a link for TiVoWebPlus Fix, I'm having trouble finding it within all those threads from the forum.
    The direct link for TiVoWebPlus Fix is: http://tivoza.nanfo.com/downloads/twpFix.tar.gz
    The fix only contains the updated modules for TiVoWebPlus, not TiVoWebPlus itself. "TivoZA stuff" contains a working version of TiVoWebPlus. It is best to take a look at this post when installing the TiVoWebPlus fix as it explains the steps necessary to install tyhttpd (allows downloading ty streams) and HackMan (allows you to increase the live TV buffer up to 3 hours, amongst other things).

Cheers, that's certainly going to make life alot easier for me.

Hi,

I wish to be able to stream live TV from my TiVo to a Windows PC.

From all the research I've done it's possible using MPlayer & vserver.
    http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/

Has anyone found a successful solution for Windows?

Cheers
    Is there any reason you didn't proceed with the windows version of mplayer?

I haven't used it for a while, but never had any problems with it.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

When using TiVoWebPlus as well as the Live TV module and IP fix, there is no need to use mplayer.

TiVoWebPlus provides links to all the recorded shows and the Live TV module allows you to view the current stream. So by simply selecting what you want to watch from TiVoWebPlus and with the help of TyShow you can watch whatever you want via Windows Media Player.

Yes, I understand all that. No problems using different methods to reach the same result.

Just in his original email he was asking about mplayer, so just wondering why he didn't use it?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

TivoZA, I successfully installed TiVoWebPlus (TWP 1.2.1) last night using the tutorial from the following location, & using the version attached at the bottom of the list of attachments.
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...eToTiVoWebPlus

I haven't as yet installed the TWPFix which includes the LiveTV Module & IP Fix. I have noticed a few problems with accessing some features. I'm not sure if it's caused due to features not available outside of the US or if it's the version I'm using?

I know the above statement is a bit vague; I'm just currently at work & can't give a more detailed error report. My question basically is should I have used another version of TWP?

Peter, to answer your question I was aware of a Windows version of the MPlayer, but I had problems using the application & couldn't get it to work.

Thanks

I haven't tested out version 1.2 of TiVoWebPlus but I did look at the new features a while back and it didn't offer anything that we would benefit from.

If you would like to get the version 1 of TiVoWebPlus, with all the OzTiVo adjustments already made, it is included in the "TivoZA stuff" download.

The TivoZA community uses this version without problems, adding the TWP-Fix is a definite bonus. The only issue that I seem to recall somebody on the OzTiVo forums/mailing-list mentioning at some point was the fact that the OzTiVo emulator doesn't publish the affiliation and genre slices and that this can cause issues with some modules like the channel grid. You can manually upload these slices which should fix the problem.

Some users on this forum seem to recommend running both TiVoWeb and TiVoWebPlus simultaneously. There is no need to do this, as I mentioned above my version of TiVoWebPlus contains all the OzTiVo adjustments which include all of the modules that TiVoWeb provides so running both will just mean extra event hooks and other potential problems.